“horible stay”

Days Inn Calgary Northwest
Ranked #47 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed May 15, 2013

How is it that I can get this email for a survey but I couldn't get any of the three email confirmations? I had to phone twice to confirm which nights I was staying and when I arrived my room had been cancelled. I was fortunate to switch with someone who had already checked in and was told we would be getting the same rate but when he checked he got charged the higher rate!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Erin B
Brittany K, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Calgary Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

I would like to apologize for the confusion on your reservation. I remember speaking to you when you cancelled your reservation and I also remember you calling me back to confirm your e-mail address. I cancelled your reservation as per your request and e-mailed you the cancellation letter twice the first time the e-mail came back to me saying that the e-mail address was incorrect about an hour later you had called me back saying that you did not receive the cancellation letter. I confirmed the e-mail address with you which was incorrect in the system, changed it to the correct e-mail address and re-sent it to you. Upon your arrival you said that you did not cancel your reservation however I was the person that you spoke to and when my Front Desk Agent spoke to me I remembered you right away. Because the hotel was almost fully sold out we unfortunately did not have any of the room types left that you wanted; we only had single king rooms left. I was very pleased to hear that one of your family members was able to switch rooms with you to accommodate your needs. I do remember that the Front Desk Agent did tell your family member that we would give him the same rate as before. I was unaware that he was charged more at check out and I apologize for that inconvenience. If you could please get them to call me I would love to make the adjustment for them on their credit card. If you have any more questions or concerns please contact me directly at (403) 288-7115. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay and hope that you and your family will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Hannah C, General Manager at Days Inn Calgary Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Hotel was very clean and staff friendly. Didn't spend a lot of time there but the time there was was very nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda W

Thank you for your positive comments about the staff! I'll be sure to post this one in the staff area. Days Inn Calgary Northwest is a perfect location for both The Foothills and The Alberta Children's Hospital. We're glad you enjoyed your short stay! We hope your sister has recovered and we see you on your next visit to Calgary!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very modern rooms with well appointed bathrooms and comfortable beds. We asked for a room at the back to avoid highway noise and it was quiet except for the fridge and noise from A/C fan from the outside wind which meant we did not get a good night's sleep. The breakfast was a good selection and staff very friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: ask for the rooms at the back.