“Fantastic restaurant ”

Embarcadero Wine & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Embarcadero Wine & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #228 of 4,002 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mission
Cross street: Macleod Trail
Transit: Stampede Victoria Park LRT station is one block East. #10 southbound Macleod bus stop is 30 metres West.
Description: Named after the waterfront district in San Fransisco, the Embarcadero features at least six varieties of fresh oysters on the half shell, including a featured oyster at $1.25 daily. We offer a full menu featuring fresh seafood as well as non-seafood items including lamb and Alberta beef.
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Great find for an evening meal. Delicious oysters followed by 2 fabulous courses. The service was friendly fast and informative. Worth a visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We started with the daily special oysters for $1.25 each, then added a few others from the oyster menu and they were all divine. Then we ordered the chopped duck to start as well and oh my the jalapeno and blueberry jam paired with it was perfect, was moist and cooked to perfection. Then we order the shellfish gnocchi for our main dish. The server recommend it and it amazing to say the least. Scallops in the dish were cooked perfectly and these always seem to be tough to perfect for restaurants but not here! Highly recommend any of those dishes.

Reviewed July 1, 2018

We stumbled upon this place by google search when we were looking for something other than the chain type restaurants. What a fabulous find. We ended up staying for hours and everything we ate was just amazing. (And we ate a lot) Anichini and the mushroom fillet pasta were to die for. The servers were fantastic. We enjoyed Jaunita and Greg immensely. I can't believe they are not busier. They are tucked away, but that only adds to the charm. Definitely a go to restaurant if I am ever back in Calgary.

Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

It was our first visit to the restaurant! We had a great server and the food was amazing. We had the spicy calamari and day specials, everything was really good and the price is just right.

Reviewed April 25, 2018

My husband and I went before a concert last Friday (April 20). We were told that the orders might take awhile as they were down a server. Timing and service was excellent, so a huge thank you to our server! I had the seafood gnocchi. It might seem pricey, but it is worth every cent! Oh my god - best pasta and seafood dish that I have ever had!! We won't be waiting 30 years to go back!!! My husband had the sausage flatbread, which he also enjoyed. Oysters before dinner were also very good.