“Great Restaurant!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Embarcadero

The Embarcadero
Reserve with OpenTable
The Embarcadero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #605 of 3,497 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mission
Cross street: Macleod Trail
Transit: Stampede Victoria Park LRT station is one block East. #10 southbound Macleod bus stop is 30 metres West.
Description: Named after the waterfront district in San Fransisco, the Embarcadero features at least six varieties of fresh oysters on the half shell, including a featured oyster at $1.25 daily. We offer a full menu featuring fresh seafood as well as non-seafood items including lamb and Alberta beef.
“Great Restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

ME and the girlfriend had lunch here. The food was excellent and the service was friendly.

The chocolate mousse with the raspberry jelly is A MUST !!! one of the best desserts I've ever had

• Visited March 2014

“Perfect anniversary celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband found this quiet place after hearing me moan about not having oysters while on a recent Vancouver Is trip. The sauteed oyster appy was wonderful, and great for someone like me who doesn't want them raw (lots of those though, and many different kinds). I had seafood on coconut rice, and my husband had a steak special. Meals were done perfectly. Excellent service. My one negative was the tiramisu dessert. Not sure why, but the taste just didn't thrill me.
Note: this is in the upper levels, cost wise.

• Visited September 2013
“Love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

You would miss it if it wasn't your destination, across from the Casino, right beside Ed's and so worth the walk a couple of blocks to get parking. The daily oyster special rocks, always delicous and always oysters on the menu. Needless to say oysters are our appy. The wine selection is wonderful, love the Pinot Grigio myself. Can't say enough about the Seafood Linguini, I have tried many around Calgary and other places, but the lobster bisque they use as their base is to die for. OMG all I can say. And our server, believe his name is Greg is always personable, upbeat, knowledgeable and so much fun. Will go back many times i'm sure.

• Visited September 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Best Oysters in Town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I frequent this little gem when ever we get a chance. The raw oysters are excellent according to my husband. He always has a plate of oysters every time we go. I am not a sea food person, but I never have a problem finding a tasty meal here. I have tried many items on the menu, but I alway go back to my favourite....the rack of ribs. The prices are reasonable and our server "Greg" is always very helpful. I do recommend this restaurant to friends and co-workers.

• Visited August 2013
Calgary
“We Shall Return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Very pleased with every aspect of the visit that we just had. We sat in the lounge area which had a great atmosphere, the wine pricing was right on at 42 for a bottle. We had raw oysters which were nice, a pork loin with an outrageously good sauce and dessert with coffee to finish. I would definitely recommend sitting in the lounge for a date night escape.