“Memorable”
Review of The Embarcadero

The Embarcadero
Reserve with OpenTable
The Embarcadero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #450 of 3,537 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mission
Cross street: Macleod Trail
Transit: Stampede Victoria Park LRT station is one block East. #10 southbound Macleod bus stop is 30 metres West.
Description: Named after the waterfront district in San Fransisco, the Embarcadero features at least six varieties of fresh oysters on the half shell, including a featured oyster at $1.25 daily. We offer a full menu featuring fresh seafood as well as non-seafood items including lamb and Alberta beef.
Ridgecrest, California
“Memorable”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I visited this establishment this Spring while in Calgary. I went with my sister and her fiance.
I don't do raw oysters (I know, why go to an oyster bar if you don't "do" oysters!) but they certainly did and with much enjoyment. I had no problems choosing items to make a great dinner. The wine selection is great as well.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank marros1960

Calgary, Canada
“A great location for a pre-concert/event supper”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is in a converted old house about two blocks from the Stampede grounds, which made it a convenient location to have supper before a concert. We made a reservation to be on the safe side.

Oysters were very fresh and reasonably priced. Our main courses were also very tasty. The food and ambience would be well worth another visit.

The only truly awful part of supper here was our waitress. She was totally unorganized, always out of breath, always apologizing, and never timely. She made my spouse and I very uncomfortable, as every time she got to the top of the stairs, she'd let out an exaggerated 'whew' before moving on to her newest task/table. I am not exaggerating in my opinion that she could actually have been a contestant in one of those hidden camera shows outing the bad employees on the food network. I would go back, but if got seated in her section again, would either request a section change, or leave.

1 Thank Joanne O
Canada
“Favourite after work gathering spot with the girls”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We come quite often for beer and oysters and while the prices are decent the oysters are fresh and they have an awesome selection. I learned that I favour the salty east coast oysters here, after three or four visits I now know exactly what I want when I get there and we always have a good chat with the owner. Great location, quick service, cold beer and mouth watering oysters.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Flying_canadian
Calgary, Canada
“Very enjoyable - excellent service, good food, attractive atmospere”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The server was very friendly and helpful and they had no problem accomodating celiac needs. The prices were reasonable, and the food was very good. I had the Thai chicken salad and really enjoyed it. The decor is wonderful - it is a lovely old house! There is also a really charming little fountain in the little yard in front of the house. I'll definitely go back!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank AhaTraveller
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent-quality, well-priced oysters in a beautiful old house”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

And the service?? Always impeccable, cheerful and professional. We usually go there on weekdays when there is not event or game at the nearby sports arena. That way, we get our favourite table, our favourite server (Greg, who is also the evening manager) and can spend a quiet, relaxing time. The menu is exquisite, very ecclectic, always interesting and the wine list is varied and well-priced. The physical environment is real brick, wonderful stained glass with an Italian flair throughout.
The oysters are perfect every time and the price incomparable (and yes, every night). Clean-tasting, fresh ingredients all the time, wonderful freshly-baked bread..and of course, the charm of Greg. Can you tell we are regulars? Inside and outside dining..always a pleasure and unique to find this quaintness and elegance in a rapidly-changing urban sprawl environment.

• Visited June 2012