“The best Mexican food in Calgary”

Los Mariachis Restaurant
Ranked #1,322 of 3,513 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Southwest Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“The best Mexican food in Calgary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

A Mexican friend recommended it, and I'm pretty sure is the best Mexican food in Calgary. No doubt. I have visited it several times since 2011, and every time I confirm Los Mariachis offers a wonderful menu at reasonable price. portions are good sized, and plates are very well served. Sometimes takes longer to be serviced, because the owner and his wife doesn't have some much servers, but that is not a problem for us, we always enjoy the Mexican singer singing around the tables. We can practice our Spanish language very well. Price is fair and menu is very attractive. I have tried multiple choices, and always happy.... excellente restaurante.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank fabryhb

Calgary, Canada
“Authentic Mexican food, Authentic Mexican service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here many times and the food is always great, although it has been even better the last two visits! We travel to Mexico often and love the food and find that this is one of the most authentic Mexican food in the city. However, that being said, it also has the most authentic Mexican service in the country too. Its not bad, not at all, just slow. But if you don't mind sitting down with friends and family, listen to a mexican mariachi and eat fantastic food for a few hours, this is the place to do it.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank johnnyraggs31
red deer, ab
“Pretty good food... this far north :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Our family lived many years in Phoenix and when in Calgary, we searched high and low for decent Mexican food. The Mole is very authentic and they have some of the best enchiladas in Alberta. I especially like that they serve pickled jalapenos, carrots and onions as an appetizer - reminds me of some of the food you could get from street vendors in the small Mexican border towns in Arizona. This is our favorite place in Calgary when we are hungry for a taste from "back home".

We would definitely suggest if you are looking for some authentic "south of the border" food that is not covered in processed cheese and sour cream, give Los Mariachis a try.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank chrisj j
calgary
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

The prices are just too high. No 'free chips and salsa' is pretty much unheard of in a Mexican restaurant as well! If they lowered their prices I would be a regular customer, but because of this I will not be going back.

4 Thank drock5280
Alberta
“A fast and fun lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Choosen due to its proximity to my office, I stopped in here for a working lunch with a colleague and was pleasantly surprised at the fun atmosphere, friendly staff and good food.
We split a plate of nachos and both had enchaladas.
The food is fresh, fast and authentic.

You'll want to return.