“Low key GEM”

Ranked #200 of 3,711 Restaurants in Calgary
Neighborhood: Beltline
Neighborhood: Beltline
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The food and service at Bumpy's is terrific! One of my fave casual places to eat.
They make everything from scratch and it's soooooooooo yummy. Specifically, anything baked is a sure thing. Whatever the muffin or square is perched on the counter, just buy it. They disappear pretty quickly! Their daily soups are always yum and they have perfected the quiche.
I'm not a coffee drinker, but they are almostfamous for their coffee (they've won a lot of awards for their cups of joe).
I've used them for breakfast and lunch meetings at work, and people always ask me where I got the food. It's just home cooked tasting deliciousness.
Go early for lunch if you want a seat.
And a note to anyone with a meeting afterwards ... Bumpy's is really small with a pretty exposed kitchen. I always seem to smell like the kitchen when I leave lol

1  Thank jabulani26

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Bumpy's is one of the best coffee places in Calgary. The coffee is always good, the service exceptional and where they are located has decent on street parking (a key consideration in Calgary). The environment is eclectic and it has a nice deck/balcony to sit outside in the sun. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

From the delicious, often warm muffins, the perfectly prepared coffee & warm, friendly atmosphere, this place is my favourite! Clare knows everyone's name & what they order. Definitely go!!

2  Thank Heather090
Reviewed September 9, 2012

GREAT place to eat in or grab a coffee to go. Definitely give the breakfast oatmeal with oodles of toppings a try. My fav: orange mocha latte. You'll be impressed with the artistic foam design sitting atop your coffee.

4  Thank CanadianMum
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My brother and I just bought some new backpacks for our big adventure this summer, we decided we were hungry and saw this cafe. At first I thought it was a weird name, but looked really cool. So we went and checked it out. We came after the lunch rush so they were out of a lot of things, but the staff were SUPER friendly and inviting and helpful. The menu looked like delicious comforting food. I ended up having a simple grilled cheese sandwich, but it was so good! I am looking forward to going back to this fun little cafe to check out all they have to offer.
Great atmosphere!