“Great Food in a Diner Like atmosphere”

Pfanntastic Pannenkoek Haus
Ranked #2 of 84 Dessert in Calgary
Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Offer over 40 Varieties of the Original Savory & Sweet Dutch Pancakes, plus Unlimited Combinations with our Build-Your-Own Menu and as well as Fully Licensed.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Delicious simple pancakes- order savory or sweet and you will not be disappointed. Place gets crowded at times so be prepared to wait or call ahead and put your name on the list. Is not a place for a romantic dinner but is a place for delicious food! Service can be slow so be prepared.

1  Thank MTCB

Reviewed February 17, 2013

There are indeed lines out the door to eat here. In fact we waited for 30 minutes this morning without anybody even acknowledging our presence. There were 6 or 7 tables empty and the hostess spent all her time on the phone. (Supposedly calling people who were on the waiting list). The manager came by and asked that people please close the front door because it was "too cold". Meanwhile there was no place for anyone to stand and the hostess clearly didnt know what she was doing. Couldn't be bothered to go back, no matter how wonderful the food allegedly is.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I'd heard about this place quite a lot and was looking forward to going there for months. Last week, I finally went there for lunch and to summarize - it's worth the hype! We ordered a savory pancake each and then shared a dessert pancake (try coconut, maple toasted pecans, mandarins & chocolate sauce). The food was delicious and they even had a side of hot Indonesian sauce.

The customer service felt a bit rushed and they got my order wrong - but they did apologize and re-do my order within 5 minutes which I appreciate. Overall, I have no hesitation in giving this a perfect rating!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I been to Pfanntastic Pannenkoek Haus a few times and I really love everything I've had. The dutch pancakes are huge, so you definately won't leave hungry! They have a great selection of both sweet and savoury pancakes. They also give you a ginger cookie with your coffee - love that! Definately worth a visit, though it can get busy at times.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I came here on my own during my husband's business trip as I read all the rave reviews on Tripadvisor, and I wanted to see what this unique pancake was about. I tried to look for the corresponding episode of "You Gotta Eat Here!" but I couldn't find it at the time. I made the drive out to the Calgary suburbs to find a little diner style restaurant. I ordered the Chicken Parmesan pancake and one of the apple ones for takeout. The pancake was thicker than a crepe, but quite large, and served as a surface for all the ingredients to stick. The chicken parmesan was pretty good; it had bacon, shallots, chicken, and was a decent savoury pancake. I was a little confused as to which sauce to dip it in as it was only packed with the sweet syrup; I ended up using the cream cheese topping that came with my sweet pancake, as the pancake itself alone was a little boring. The apple one was nothing to write home about; it came with brown sugar, sweet syrup (which is EXTREMELY thick and sweet, just a little too much), and the cream cheese topping which tasted gross with the sweet pancake. It alone was boring; with the brown sugar and the syrup there was a fine line till you crossed the too sweet mark. I think these pancakes are worth a try, as it is unique, but after my one experience, for myself, I would not try them again.