“Interesting”
Review of Bolero

Bolero
Reserve with OpenTable
Bolero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 3,604 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Southwest Calgary
Transit: We are a 10 minute walk from Chinook L.R.T.
Description: Located close to the corner of Glenmore and Macleod we are Calgary's first Brazilian BBQ style restaurant. At Bolero the customer is in charge of the timing on our wide selection of churrasco(skewers) to be brought to your table by our Gaucho Chefs. Green means go and Red means stop. A perfect setting for any festive occasion as we offer a wide range of different, cocktails, wine, and beer. Dining with friends and family was meant to be fun, the Brazilian way!
Calgary
“Interesting”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Bolero's is interesting in that they have a great salad bar, and then they bring a variety of meats to your table until you surrender. Food is great, can get a bit tedious waiting for the next round of meat to come but worth going to.

It wouldn't be a regular choice for me but it does remain on my choices.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank TaoMan49

Calgary, Canada
“For meat lovers !”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong ... The bbq'd meat was good. The side dishes (buffet) were not as good. The rice and vegetables were over cooked.
Wine list is limited, but has good choices to pair the meat.
Will I be back... Probably not.

Visited April 2013
Innisfail, Canada
“An incredible experience”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was my first visit to a Brazillian Rodizio restaurant but not my last. I was warned about meat sweats...wow, I did get them but it's my own gluttonous fault. I asked the server for a "girl drink" and he recommended the caipirinha and it was a wonderful fruity drink. The salad bar was good and I limited myself to some rice and cheese, knowing what I had ahead. My husband liked the black bean stew. Now, the meat....they give you a list of 17 different proteins (beef//fish/pork/chicken/lamb) that they will bring around on a skewer and cutting board. My favorite was the bacon wrapped filet, habanero rubbed pork and the Portuguese sausage. They give you two sauces for the meat but I dipped my bread in them, they were so good. Honestly, I took one small piece of everything that came around and I was so stuffed...but managed to eat 4 yummy garlic buns and the carmelized pineapple was fantastic (I asked for the most burnt slice). The carmelized blueberry sugar grapefruits were not my favorite, but my sister in law loved them. Service was excellent, and if they brought meat around that we didn't want at that moment they were certainly open to return with the meat we wanted to eat again. The fish that night was pan fried basa and I loved it. We will definitely return with our two grown boys who will love this meat fest(and they have special pricing for kids for young families). Dinner with 2 drinks and tip was $120.00. A great value for the food, drinks and service. GO HUNGRY

• Visited March 2013
Calgary
“Meatatarian Delight”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you love meat then this is the place to go. We had a party of 7 and they had no problems accomodating us. The fare is Brazillian BBQ. The servers walk around with beef, pork, veal, chicken, sausage and lamb on skewers. You get to teak and eat as much as you want. There is a salad bar but why have that when you can have meat? With one exception - try the BBQ pineapple - simply yummy.

• Visited March 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Great for something different”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had always wanted to try the Brazilian Rodizio style of dining. Skewers of meat of all different types are brought and carved tableside for you. Each table is provided with a cue, one side being red and one side being green. If you want the servers to continue to offer meat, leave the cue green-side up on the table. If you are taking a break or are finsihed, turn the cue red-side up.

Bolero is very busy! Make reservations ahead of time. I was shocked at the number of people inside, but everything adds up to repeat business for this place. The cocktail list is creative and Brazilian-inspired, with a great selection of beer and wine. Our server was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable, going out of his way to source out a unique beer for my friend from one of the adjoining restaurants! The offerings of meat were plentiful and varied (the bacon-wrapped chicken was my favorite!), the fresco bar has a variety of sides like mashed potatoes, collard greens, coconut rice and salads, and the ambience was great. Beautiful room, great food and a unique concept made for a fun dining experience!

• Visited February 2013