“Great Time, Great Food”
Review of Lolita's Lounge - CLOSED

Lolita's Lounge
Reviewed February 8, 2009

My wife and I went there for my birthday. We are part of their "Beach Club" Service and food were outstanding. Although the show was not my style, it was very entertaining.

1  Thank rmphx

Reviewed October 19, 2008

The cantina restaraunt on the main level has great food, great service, but a little on the pricey side for the size of servings. The upstairs show was disappointing for the money spent. They were trying out a new menu upstairs, very very pricey, and definitely not worth the money. We tried the antipasto plate for $24, and were completely disappointed. The green curry coconut mussels were not as disappointing but still way too salty. A tip.... don't let them sell you the seats that are nearest the kitchen, the show cannot be enjoyed from that vantage.

1  Thank pmickey
Reviewed October 8, 2008

The Village Cantina is a perfect setting, when you're in the mood for a great night out. My wife and I spent time in Calgary earlier this year and heard about this Club "Paradiso". We were told to be prepared, it was a little risque', the drag show we attended was a howl. We laughed so hard, I thought I was going to hurt myself. The staff and guests were so much fun. The cocktails were fabulous, and the food was fresh and flavorful, served hot and in a timely fashion. I think the sum of the parts is what puts this restaurant over the top. The decor is tropical downstairs and very Great Gatsby upstairs in the club. The owner is a celebrity in her own right and a wonderful host. Our experience was truly memorable and the next time we're in Calgary, we'll definately look up this gem.

1  Thank RVarano
Reviewed September 29, 2008

Mojitos were terrific, staff very attentive and quick. The food came out very hot, but in a very relaxed manner, not too quick. The place was hopping, but our server acted as if we were the only guests. What a pleasure! The baked brie was fabulous and the soft tacos reminded us of Mexico.

While we were there we found out about the show upstairs called Carly's Angels. Eberyone in the Cantina said 'don't miss this show! ' Well we had to wait a month for a reservation, but it was well worth the wait, absolutely hilarious show! CAn't wait to go back for some of those lovely little tapas and thin crust pizzas and esp. the mojitos!

We'll be back soon!

Reviewed September 27, 2008

If you plan to go to Calgary make the Village Cantina a must do on you agenda. This is not your ordinary eatery.My wife and I while on holiday fell upon the Cantina and feel in love with the food and how the staff made us feel at home.