“Great food, great service”
Review of Villa Firenze

Villa Firenze
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa Firenze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 3,575 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: between 4th St NE and Edmonton Trail NE
Alberta, Canada
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

On a recent Friday evening, we found ourselves at Villa Firenze on the spur of the moment and without a reservation. Luckily, we arrived quite early and they were able to fit us in without any problems. We had a great service from the waiter who quickly gave us the rundown on the specials of the evening. The food, when it arrived (don't be in a hurry when you come here - it took 45 minutes for the food to come and we were the first people in the restaurant), was wonderful and well worth the wait. We ordered a couple of the fish specials as well as a pappardelle dish and all were delicious as well as good-sized portions. It is well worth the visit and I wouldn't hesitate to come back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Aldergreen

Calgary, Canada
“Superb cuisine and service”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I visited based on the reviews. We were extremely happy with our experience. We had different selections from the menu along with wine, coffee and deserts. The food was excellent and the service from the family owner/operators was warm and friendly. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank James M
“"You guys want more bread?"”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

No, this isn't a review for breakfast at Denny's. I'll start by saying I've been going to Villa Firenze for over 20 years. Returned this week for my birthday dinner (great place for a cozy, intimate dinner- nice ambience).Waiter was nice, albeit a little inexperienced or poorly trained. (See title). Disappointed that we didn't get the olive oil/balsamic vinegar that usually comes with the bread. (Trying to save a few bucks?). The bread was fresh and delicious.

Always get the same dish- the Fettucini a la Toscana. It's still as heavenly delicious as it was 20 years ago. My husband ordered the jumbo prawn spinach pasta. He describes it as delicious as well. House wine was nice, although perhaps a little overpriced at 11$ a glass. We were never asked if our meals were ok. If you are going to order the 'special' portobello mushroom, make sure to ask the price first...

Overall, a pleasant evening outl. Hope the owners maintain their traditional high quality, both with service and product.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank Withingmann
Calgary, Canada
“WOW!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I went to Villa Firenze with his parents for his birthday and all I can say is… wow! It was delicious! From the moment we walked in the service was excellent and the food was amazing from the first bite to the last. We ordered the special, portabella mushrooms to start which came along with their house bread. The mushrooms were honestly one of the best things I have ever eaten. We also ordered the special for dinner and once again, we were very impressed. All four of us left feeling very satisfied and I can’t wait to return!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Alyssa A
Calgary, AB
“AMMMMMMAZING!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend picked me up and we had an amazing Valentines lunch in this relaxing, romantic, peaceful restaurant! We started with the Portabello mushroom.. you have to try this!! OMG so delish.... i will be going back for that appetizer again for sure! Our meals were fabulous, the wine was perfect and service super!! Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2013