“Superb cuisine and service”
Review of Villa Firenze

Villa Firenze
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa Firenze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #134 of 3,625 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: between 4th St NE and Edmonton Trail NE
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I visited based on the reviews. We were extremely happy with our experience. We had different selections from the menu along with wine, coffee and deserts. The food was excellent and the service from the family owner/operators was warm and friendly. We'll definitely be back.

2  Thank James M
There are newer reviews for Villa Firenze

Reviewed June 12, 2013

No, this isn't a review for breakfast at Denny's. I'll start by saying I've been going to Villa Firenze for over 20 years. Returned this week for my birthday dinner (great place for a cozy, intimate dinner- nice ambience).Waiter was nice, albeit a little inexperienced or poorly trained. (See title). Disappointed that we didn't get the olive oil/balsamic vinegar that usually comes with the bread. (Trying to save a few bucks?). The bread was fresh and delicious.

Always get the same dish- the Fettucini a la Toscana. It's still as heavenly delicious as it was 20 years ago. My husband ordered the jumbo prawn spinach pasta. He describes it as delicious as well. House wine was nice, although perhaps a little overpriced at 11$ a glass. We were never asked if our meals were ok. If you are going to order the 'special' portobello mushroom, make sure to ask the price first...

Overall, a pleasant evening outl. Hope the owners maintain their traditional high quality, both with service and product.

4  Thank Withingmann
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I went to Villa Firenze with his parents for his birthday and all I can say is… wow! It was delicious! From the moment we walked in the service was excellent and the food was amazing from the first bite to the last. We ordered the special, portabella mushrooms to start which came along with their house bread. The mushrooms were honestly one of the best things I have ever eaten. We also ordered the special for dinner and once again, we were very impressed. All four of us left feeling very satisfied and I can’t wait to return!

1  Thank Alyssa A
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend picked me up and we had an amazing Valentines lunch in this relaxing, romantic, peaceful restaurant! We started with the Portabello mushroom.. you have to try this!! OMG so delish.... i will be going back for that appetizer again for sure! Our meals were fabulous, the wine was perfect and service super!! Highly recommended.

2  Thank Cheryl S
Reviewed February 15, 2013

After many years of this being a favourite special night out for us, I am afraid this totally fell apart. We dined here last night on Valentines as we have the last previous 5 years. When we first ordered our cocktails, salads, and dinner, we also ordered our wine to accompany our meal. Within minutes, our cocktails, salad and our dinner wine were all brought to our table together! I remarked to our server that I felt a little rushed. She stated "that she wanted to get it over with!" Everything went down hill from there. I must have ticked her off that I dared to mention anything to her, normally I would expect our wine to arrive with our entrees, not along with the cocktails. We were never asked how our meal was, and the other servers were left to pick up our empty salad dishes and our entrees. When our bill arrived, this was also left to other servers. She did have a good meal and still tipped the proper amount. As this is a treat for us to normally spend $200 for dinner we decided to phone the restaurant the following day to speak with the manager, guess who was the manager? She did briefly apologize, and said she was sorry, but that was pretty well it. We used to visit this restaurant a few times a year, but since there was no acknowledgment of any mistreatment of us, we will NEVER be back again.

2  Thank beachbm