“Best Phone Sate in... Anywhere!”
Review of Trong Khanh Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Their pho sate is the best thing I have ever eaten. The broth is coconut based and spicy. I am hesitant to even post this review and let the secret out, but it is so amazing. I have been here dozens of times and haven't ever ordered anything else.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I have had sate pho at at least 50 different Vietnamese restaurants. This is the best hands down. The spring rolls are crispy and delicious. But it's the soup that makes the meal. Service is far better during the day but at night they're efficient enough. A definite must try!!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Every time we go out for Vietnamese food I try the sate beef noodle soup. And every time we go back to Trong Khanh on Center Street north in Calgary, I conclude that they make the best sate beef soup in town. It's spicy, flavourable and the beef is tender. It's a dish that makes you sweat while your taste buds stand up and say, "Wow!"

1  Thank ghryan
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is my favourite restaurant in the entire city. It is not fancy, but the food is excellent. Don't order a bowl of soup or noodles for one, order several dishes for the whole table to share. The fried egg-cake with hot sauce is so good, as are the bbq beef or pork, shrimp-salad rolls, lemongrass chicken, and salt and pepper shrimp.

1  Thank LinkCanada
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a gem I discovered years ago, before I moved to Calgary, from a friend who lived in the neighbourhood. This is one of our go to spots where we have our favourites and don't even open the menu. The light and crispy wrapping on the spring rolls are incredible and are our favourite in the city. Fast and efficient, this is often a Friday night favourite when we want to eat out but don't want a long, dining experience. It doesn't look like much from the street and the decor eclectic, but the food always brings us back.

1  Thank jameus