“wow!”

The Vintage Chophouse & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
The Vintage Chophouse & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 3,551 Restaurants in Calgary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Beltline
Cross street: 2nd St.
Description: Like a private club, step in to the intimate speakeasy groove of The Vintage Chophouse & Tavern for handcrafted cocktails set to the best local live jazz and blues in Calgary's historic Beltline neighbourhood, Victoria Park. The adjoining dining room is an Alberta institution for culinary classics like steaks and chops done right by our kitchen team. Named for its exceptional wine program, Vintage cellars more than 600 wines from around the world, dialed up by its sommelier service and has achieved Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence many years running.Exposed brick walls, crisp white linens, hewn oak accents and studded deep-seat booths curate corners for private conversation. Designed to balance familiarity with discretion in service and style.
“wow!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

by far our favourite steak house. Staff is exeptional,wine list extensive, rec reservations,great place to entertain!!

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
“Give it a miss”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

A big disappointment. The onion soup was burnt on the top. I had prime rib, I think that is the first time I have ever had prime rib that was tough. It came on a bed of tasteless mashed potatoes with some extremely tough broccolini. To top it all off it arrived only half warm. If it wasn't for the fact I was being treated by someone else I would have sent it all back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Alf032011
Holly W, General Manager at The Vintage Chophouse & Tavern, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello
I was disappointed to read about your experience online.
I am truly sorry to hear the food was not up to our standards, and by your comments I would agree that it was not up to our standards. I have addressed your comments with my Chef, and will be looking into the feature that you had with us, on the next evening that we run it.
I would love the opportunity to invite you back and show you the evening you should have received on your first visit. Please feel free to contact me at holly@vintagechophouse.com
Again - I am sorry.
Kind Regards,
Holly Williams
“An Excellent Find!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We live in Calgary and are always on the look out for fantastic restaurants. In this city where service is lax and chain restaurants seem to reign supreme, this place is a godsend. We went on an evening in late December. The atmosphere was relaxed and private. Our server was well informed about menu items and prompt with requests. Our table over looked the tavern but the noise level wasn't high and we were able to carry on a conversation quite naturally. Our dessert course was complimented with live music from the tavern below.The band started at about 10pm and we were just wrapping up dinner.

We very much enjoyed the Cowboy Ribchop. A little pricey at $83 but it is meant to share and it comes with 2 sides. The chop was cooked expertly cooked and seasoned. The Scalloped potatoes were very rich and we would likely order a different side with such a large cut of beef next time.

The menu was varied with many option for beef, fish, chicken, and veggi lovers. We are considering going back for an evening of appetizers and music in the tavern.

Another handy option for those looking for private parties and business availability, there are private rooms available.

Super impressed in the heart of Cowtown with this wonderful Chophouse!

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Bday dinner”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had my birthday dinner here a couple days ago and of course the food and atmosphere were amazing! I was a bit disappointed in our service. I am only writing this because of the last two time we have gone, the service has been mediocre at best. I cant give the restaurant a bad review based on a few bad servers but they should know, and do something about it. This is one of the best places to eat an amazing steak and if you leave unimpressed you wont go back- like us.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank KJBKKKHK
Regina, Canada
“A nice traditional (dark) steak house”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Had the chowder, excellent with a nice cheese biscuit , tuna tartar with avocado also great

Wine list is a bit over priced by about $10-15 per bottle compared to their chain competitors like salt lik, chop etc

Service was excellent