“Happening Spot”
Review of The Living Room

The Living Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Living Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #209 of 3,711 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2012

You must go! Great outdoor patio that overlooks 17th Ave. Service is excellent and the food is awesome. The ribs are to die for, the oysters are wonderful, and the carpaccio is like no other!

1  Thank island2123

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Summer is short in Calgary and this is a great place to spend the evening during it. The oysters are always fresh and yummy along with a bottle of our favorite Pouilly-Fuisse!

1  Thank JeffMCalgary
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Great spot for a post work drink or evening out with friends or sig other. Fondue is fantastic. Service is exceptional. Atmosphere is sophisticated with waves of stuffiness depending on the night. We keep going back so it definitely a great, consistent dining experience.

1  Thank PassionDrivesSuccess
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Went to join some friends for a glass of wine. They were already having dinner there. Manager met me at the front and wouldn't let me in. Said my friends (who are all high-earning professionals) had "screwed them over" because more people (ie. me) showed up than were accounted for on the reservation. He then says "it can't be like Noah's Ark here". As it was raining outside I asked if I could at least stand inside until I could communicate with my friends that I wouldn't be joining them. But they refused to let me even stand inside! Wow! I didn't know bringing lots of people to a restaurant would be considered "screwing them over". I would have thought that would be considered "good business". What a joke of an establishment! I've never been before and will certainly never go back!

1  Thank G K
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Went to the Living Room right at 5pm when they opened, so needless to say they were not too busy, so the service was great, and our server was very friendly and helpful. We both ended up ordering the swordfish, which was on the "specials" menu. It was fantastic, however the portions were quite small (esp. for the costs), leaving me still feeling hungry after dinner.
I would go back though, as the food and atmosphere were great! Just have to be prepared to spend some $$$.

1  Thank Empidonax