“Last Best Day of Summer”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Belvedere

The Belvedere
Ranked #263 of 3,513 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Cross street: Center Street
Description: First, unwind in the lounge with a martini and soak in the New York atmosphere. Relax in the custom made furniture as you enjoy the view through the Belvedere's two skylights. Then, ready yourself to be amazed at the magic you'll experience amongst the plush draperies, walnut woodwork and discreet lighting as you dine on a menu that can only be described as true "Haute Cuisine". With a menu that is ever changing you can rest assured the ingredients are always fresh and always of the highest quality. With your palate satiated by the perfect pairing of food and your selection from one of our 750 wines served in Riedel Crystal, you'll experience why Awards and reviews have placed The Belvedere as "The Best Restaurant Overall" in Calgary; routinely in the top ten in Canada and for the past fifteen years by the Wine Spectator Magazine as having one of the top wine lists worldwide and recipient of the "Best of Award of Excellence". "The Belvedere" renowned for its exceptional service and deft handling of its accomplished clientele as it is for the wonderfully wrought food. Allow us to show you what fine dining is all about.
Calgary, Canada
“Last Best Day of Summer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Spent a bit more than an hour here with business colleagues on what has to be the last best day of the year here in Calgary. Sat outside on Stephens Ave and watched the world go by. A nice, but a bit trendy, menu. My lunch (roast pheasant) was excellent. Only criticism was that the waiter tried the switch-a-roo on me when I ordered a Diet Coke. He returned with "diet cola" with out even so much as an apology for his subterfuge. Any D.C. addict would be a bit put off by such treachery.

• Visited September 2013

Belleville, Canada
“Classy & quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had lunch with a client here August 2013. Unlike some places downtown you can actually have a conversation, gave me a password for my tablet - fast internet, excellent service and food, not INexpensive.

Nice feature - 3 oz glasses of wine.

• Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Good food, Excellent service, Expensive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a quality restaurant on the interesting Stephen Street in Calgary. Food is in the Alberta tradition - heavy on meat. The surroundings are basic but Calgary tasteful. The waiter was excellent. Go prepared to spend big bucks but get good food. Hostess was kind of grumpy.

• Visited May 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“This is my favourite Place to go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had been on business and asked my clients assistant where would be a good place to head to downtown, may I say I was not disappointed.
We were greeted at the door. The staff was very professional. The wine list - considerable, fully stocked bar from what I could see. Excellent service, excellent parings simply wonderful all around.
I will be back again for business and would also like to come back here soon with my partner.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ScottL58
Calgary, Canada
“Big Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

It had been a few years since we had ventured into the Belvedere. We were expecting it to be high end , classy, etc. Our table of four was the only table in the entire restaurant for the whole time we were there ( from 6.00-9:30 on a Thursday night). I was put off right away when our waiter who looked like he had just finished parking cars with his dusty old belvedere vest brought me a pre dinner glass of wine and it looked like a big short pour. Then throughout the night he didn't fill my glass up as often as the other two people drinking from our bottle. My salad was soggy . The steak was good but sitting on some kind of grain which didn't really go together. The other three people I was with were happy with their food. I think management better update their menu and service if they want more than one table a night.

• Visited March 2013