“Not worth it...”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have had Juree's Thai on my list of restaurants to visit, so figured after a 13 mile run this would be a great treat! I got Spicy Prawn Noodles and Green Vegetable Curry in medium/spicy for take out. I was sadly very disappointed in the food. The Green Vegetable Curry had a layer of oil on top (almost 5 tablespoons worth) that I had to discard and then used a paper towel to soak up the rest of the oil. The Noodles were ok, the quality of vegetables were good at least. For the price of the dish, I expected a better quality prawn - essentially tiny shrimp. The dining atmosphere seems nice but maybe because it's dim in there you don't notice all the oil in the dish or it's mixed in so well? The dish was not really spicy at all, I've had better Thai curry dishes with more flavor. I do not plan on going back to this restaurant as the quality and price do not match up and amount of oil that I found in the Curry dish was disgusting.

1  Thank SMPATEL

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to Jurees for a dinner with some friends. Good food and just the right amount of spice. We were welcomed and seated right away. The waitress for our table was on top of things and was very helpful. The food came out right away and the taste was very authentic. I would go back. Have the coconut ice cream at the end of your meal :)
Enjoy...

1  Thank Aabid_M
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I've been to Juree's several times, and enjoyed it immensely. It's a family-run operation, with great ambiance and tasty food. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were craving Thai food and were lucky enough to find Juree's. The staff were friendly and efficient and the food was delicious. Wonderful chicken satay, fresh and light green and red curries, and the spring rolls were delicious. We will be back!

1  Thank Melody P
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Went there for lunch, food was excellent. Great Vegetarian options, it's so nice to have choices.

Food was delicious, loved the coconut rice and Green Curry. Only downside was the service was a bit spotty. Took leftovers home to my husband and he loved it too.

1  Thank The-McCormick-Family