“Delicious, fresh, Japanese”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Mission
Neighborhood: Mission
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

This is my local hangout- the service is great, the sushi is really fresh and they have some special dishes like the garlic edamame which I haven't had anywhere else. The lunchtime menu has a selection of bento boxes which are great value, but if you pick something off the regular menu you can't go wrong! The ebi chilli mayo roll is something I cannot look past every single time!

1  Thank Stethescope

Reviewed February 22, 2013

You walk in here and see smiling faces and friendly greetings. The menu is great. For starters the miso soup always goes down well and the prawn Tempura is perfect. My wife and I usually go for some mixed sashimi and always love it. The Japanese chef clearly is very skilled. Better sashimi than much of what I had when in Japan!
As others have mentioned they could update the restaurant or make it more stylish. It looks fine though and I think they are concentrating on quality food and service. There are some other good sushi places around but I think this is slightly better. We are getting addicted and going every couple of weeks!

3  Thank gary3000
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Really enjoyed it! The food was excellent. The owner really knows his stuff. They offers things you cannot find at a lot of other similar places.

1  Thank FrenchNana
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This restaurant has improved much over the years. I'm a sashimi fan so my expectations from Sushi restaurants are pretty much limited to plain extremely fresh and properly prepared fish. The fish is properly proportioned and very fresh. I only wish that this restaurant had a better choice of sakis and wines. Also the restaurant needs a renovation. Time to upscale and compete with others. I eat here because it's in my neighbourhood, otherwise I wouldn't come. I know this sounds a bit snobbish, but I'm unable to identify with the clientele. Perhaps too young, too relaxed.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I went in rather late in the evening and was sat right away. Service was simple, unintrusive and quick. The food on the other hand was bland, was not impressed by the quality at all! One appetizer, entree and glass of wine came up to $38, with the lack of atmosphere and experience was just not worth it. With some many options in the neighborhood I will not be returning.

1  Thank Rebecca1015