“Fresh Fish, Great service”
Review of Sukiyaki House

Sukiyaki House
Reserve with OpenTable
Sukiyaki House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #332 of 3,770 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 1st Street SW
Transit: 2 blocks of Calgary Transit
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

From the moment I walked in Judith took care of me.
Asked if I needs help with the menu or had any questions.
I asked about Tuna tataki and how it was prepared. I asked if they could prepare it for me in a different fashion and they did.
So I started with Miso soup and Edamame's. Then had Tuna Tataki and Spicey Tuna rolls all swallowed down with a small Sake.
Thanx Judith

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Late night after work supper. It was empty so service was not an issue but they were very helpful, fast and food was excellent, didn't have to pay so not sure on pricing but pretty comparable I would think.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We went here for New Year's Eve. The food was excellent and fresh! The waitress (a former student at the school where I teach!) took great care to explain what the food was and where it was from. Some of the seafood had been flown in from Japan that day! We had these spicy prawn appetizers that were amazing! The miso soup was excellent! The sushi was scrumptious. I wasn't too keen on the fresh sea urchin -- but, that's a personal taste thing. I am definitely going to go back -- probably next month during teacher convention. Yum!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Everything there has a little something that makes the meal special. The miso soup is delicious, with some mushrooms in it. Even the salad comes in a beautiful presentation. If you like octopus, you cannot miss their tako sushi, that has a little drop of a ume sauce on top, which is heavenly. The medium rolls are huge, I can't even imagine the size of the giant ones. You don't want to eat too much, because you cannot forget to save some room for the incredible sake crème brulée. The restaurant looks nice. The service is average.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very fresh and tasty sushi, beautifully presented. Atmosphere and service was average but great food!