“Food Great! Staff?”

Ranked #1,234 of 3,529 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, American, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Description: For over 30 years Stavro's Sports Bar & Lounge has been, and continues to be, a cornerstone in the Calgary community. Located in the heart of the North, Stavro's is an authentic sports bar providing outstanding service, excellent food, great company and the perfect atmosphere for every fan and every sport. We offer a comfortable, casual environment to watch any sporting event. With 17 flat screen TV's and 6 video feeds there is no such thing as a bad seat in our house, and you won't miss a moment of the action! Stavro's is your destination on game day where the game is always on and the beer is always flowing! If it's on....It's on here!! Stavro's Sports Bar....GAME ON!!
Calgary, Canada
“Food Great! Staff?”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Every time I've gone here there is something with the staff that doesn't sit right with me.
When we went in this time, We sat and sat and no one would look at us. I even tried to talk to one of the waitresses and she turn and walked away. Finally we did get someone to take our order. She was the thankfully the most pleasant and likely the only one there.

They need to upgrade the staff or send them on a training program.

Pick it up Stavros!

• Visited March 2014
Stephanie L, Owner at Stavro's Sports Bar, responded to this review, January 21, 2015
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our staff at Stavro's. I am one of the relatively new owners of this bar, as of February 2014. I see your visit was shortly after the change in ownership last year. I'm just getting in touch with Trip Advisor and came across your comments.

As a customer, that is definitely one of the most frustrating things to experience when dining out. As an owner and hands on manager, I can assure you that we place a very big emphasis with all of our serving staff on the importance of acknowledging every customer and in a prompt and friendly fashion. It definitely sets the tone for your whole dining experience.

If you haven't been back in since this experience I would invite you to come back and check out the changes we as new owners have made, with our new menu and current staff. We have cycled through a number of staff in the frnt end since this time, but feel very confident that with the staff we have now you won't experience that kind of service again.

Thanks for the feedback.

Calgary, Canada
“Terrible Service!”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

I typically find it hard to give a place a bad review. I try to always find something good to say. But for this place, giving a bad review is going to be a lot easier than trying to find the positives.

We drive by this place every day and we figured we'd give it a try. It's been around 30 years, so it's gotta be good, right? Well now it's clear that it's been around that long only because of loyal regulars. We got our drinks (regular Coors - the only positive here!) quickly and ordered our food, but then waited about 45 minutes! The waitress came over once to apologize for the wait, but we didn't see her much besides that. We hoped maybe the wait would've been worth it, but it wasn't. The waitress forgot the gravy - and walked by us twice and had to be reminded! The pizza I had was good...but definitely not worth the wait. It wasn't amazing. My fiancé had a steak - also not worth it.

In the future we'll definitely continue to drive by.

Canada
“Worst Service Award!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

July 24,2013, 7:15 pm a once thriving Wednesday half price pizza night has turned into a massive disappointment. Now the half price is a third. What??? Only a handful of tables filled. Now the most deplorable service in Calgary (sat for over twenty minutes until the servers could decide who's section is what), server had to come back twice to confirm order (stating she was making sure she put it in the system correct). 45 minutes later, admitted that the order didn't go into the system. WHAT??? Even at that she confirmed the order and it was wrong.
Excuse we got all four times....I"m new, it's my third day on the job.
BTW - write it down if you cannot remember a simple XL #7.

Sadly, my mistake, this has happened before six months earlier....

Moral: NEVER go back again. Owner was there wandering, could see the whole time that everyone was getting bad service but could tell server was too scared to tell him but shows how poor management, training, hiring and obviously owner cannot be trusted to be told (most likely fired) in which I will not comment.

Welcome to Calgary and it's lack of service....why do we put up with it?

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank insassy
Lethbridge, Canada
“Stavros Pizza and Sportsbar”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Even though the image of Stavros is wrong, (So don't look for a sign like that, at that location..!) you'll find the place at the south end of the strip mall across the street from James Fowler High School..! The staff there have always been friendly and courteous to myself, and many other friends and family I have been with at the time. They offer game day/playoff specials, and have a multitude of big screen Tv's, so you can always catch the action while you're there.

I personally have only ordered the pizza, lasagna, and steak sandwiches, but each and every time I don't think I have ever been disappointed. The beer selection is good, and they always made sure my glass was full... I've been a customer for many years, and even when living out of town, I tried to always come back to grab a great meal..!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank MikeFitton
Stony Plain, Alberta
“Pizza!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Lots of choice, not the the thin crust pizza, but almost a deep dish delight! and BEER many brands on tap. Adult oriented.

Visited July 2012