“Good Greek Food & Pizza”

Spiros Pizza on 17th
Ranked #114 of 3,645 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Pizza, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Killarney
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is one of the oldest pizza house & a greek restaurant located close to the Wesrbrook Shopping Center. Because of it's location on a busy street it was able to survive a lot of up & downs in Calgary's iconomy. The food and service is reasonably good and it is well priced. The decor is Greek old country style but clean.

1  Thank Jim L

Reviewed July 24, 2012

The food is a bit overpriced, but the rest of the experience was quite pleasant (I was apprehensive after reading some of the reviews). The waitress was very friendly and attentive. We ordered a large pizza (1/2 Annah's Island and 1/2 Beba's Lamb) which was excellent. Very nice crust and loads of cheese, although it can be quite filling and with so much greasy cheese it can make you not feel great after consuming so much (I would order a medium for 2 people). We also ordered the Calamari which was also very tasty, but the tzatziki was too liquidy with not enough garlic. The restaurant itself could use a makeover with its dated buliding and tacky "Greek tourist" decor, but it's tolerable. Overall I'd give it a 3.5/5 (it doesn't quite deserve to be rounded up to a 4, so I gave it a 3).

1  Thank PicToMan
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Order the spinach and feta extra large pizza. You can take home what you don't finish. Crispy buttery crust with lots of topping.

2  Thank MustTravel88
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We've dined at Spiros once before. The pizza is pretty good but this place is way overpriced for the quality of the food. Both times we've eaten there, I've felt sick when I left. The restuarant is in desperate need of a makeover, it's not charming, it's just dirty. We sat by a window and they are old and it was freezing. We arrived early on a SUNDAY night. There were a few tables full in the restaurant and they asked us if we had a reservation. When I said no, the hostess looked at another lady and spoke in another language. I noticed that many of the tables had "reserved" signs on them but they took one off to seat us. For the rest of the meal, no one came in to sit at any of the other reserved tables. Not sure what that means??

My biggest dissapointment was with our waitress. She was nice enough but she forgot to order our appetizer and I had to ask her about it when our entrees came out. She apologised that she forgot to order it but that was it. No offer to get it ordered and no compensation on our bill. I ordered the special and she also forgot to give me the special price for it on our bill and I had to ask her about it. I feel when a server forgets to order something, the customer should be compensated...a dessert would've been a nice gesture. It's things like this that make me not want to go back to a restaurant. I would maybe order the pizza for take out but again, it's pretty pricey. Also, the restaurant had nice dimmed lights when we got there and then part way through, they blasted on rows of Christmas lights that were so bright it was annoying. Christmas is over, take them down.

16  Thank FluffyBunnyFeet
Reviewed January 12, 2012

If you want gourmet, this is not your place, but for classic North American pizza you can't go wrong.