“Great Food, Bad Location”
Review of Spicy Hut

Spicy Hut
Ranked #528 of 3,725 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went to Spicy Hut to try their lunch special. I have never had Thai food before but I was really impressed. I had the Coconut Soup with Pad Thai (I actually was suppose to have the Beef in black bean sauce but we got mixed up). We also ordered one of the Duck dishes and that was yummy as well. I do not like their location. We showed up there for lunch and it was nearly impossible to find a parking space because the nearby Mosque was having prayers going on. I also wish they had better hours because we tried to come here a couple times before but each time they were closed.

1  Thank ub3rst4r

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The location is a bit off the upscale dial. The neighborhood seemed a bit downtrodden and the decor is modest to be polite. All that said, the food is terrific. It seems to be a family place... a group of all ages was prepping veggies on a table near the kitchen. These are modest people working hard to provide excellent food. Our service was very polite and efficient and they carry different varieties of Asian beer to accompany the food. The food came out quickly and was steaming on the platters. The Salt and Pepper squid was a special treat - the best I've had anywhere. Will definitely return on our next visit to Calgary. Well done, Spicy Hut.

1  Thank Roger P
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was one me and my husband's favourite restaurants when we lived here 5 years ago. The decor is underwhelming but the food is amazing. Upon our return visit, the food did not disappoint. We has the Pad Thai, Duck and Pineapple, Curry Beef and Coconut Rice, It was spicy, sweet, creamy salty and decadent. Almost worth moving back to Calgary for. The staff was very accomodating to our toddler and there was plenty of food left to take home.

2  Thank AliNord
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Always worth a try, seems to have declined a little as there is a lot more competition restaurant-wise in the neighbourhood. Service always good.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

We have been going to the Spicy Hut for 20 years and are never disappointed. Extensive menu of Thai and Chinese, all fresh and prepared to order.

We nearly always have the tom yum soup and the crispy beef, a delicious dish that we have never found elsewhere.

1  Thank chinookgal