“Gone downhill...”

Salt and Pepper
Ranked #472 of 3,513 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Inglewood
“Gone downhill...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

For a couple of years, I have frequented Salt and Pepper Inglewood, much preferring the quality of food and atmosphere over the Bowness location. However, I was there this week and, in my mind, the quality has really decreased. To begin with, the cook (server?) had the order wrong. My partner ordered beef enchiladas with a tomato sauce and I ordered chicken with a mole sauce. The meats were reversed (beef with the mole and chicken with tomato). It was livable but we did mention it to the server who apologized and, as compensation, brought us a lovely dessert. My dining partner had never been there before and he is quite a competent Mexican cook and he found the food very inauthentic and is aching for a good Mexican restaurant in Calgary. The fact that he can find a much more authentic one in Dublin and not here is a little odd! However, the one thing remains that this restaurant does make and serve the best mole sauce and it is available for take out. I hope this never changes.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank ProfessorNurse

Alberta
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

This restaurant has great service. The food is amazing and they have best margaritas! Stopped here for lunch during the weekend.

Visited October 2013
Calgary
“Ho Hum”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very pleasant service--highlight of our visit. Nice ambiance. Food mediocre at best--nothing memorable at all. Doubt we will return.

• Visited October 2013
Calgary, Canada
“decent and quick typical Mexican food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

There are a few locations of this restaurant in Calgary and they offer reasonably priced Mexican food that is prepared well. The service is prompt and friendly. It is a typical Mexican comfort food menu with nothing really unexpected or especially creative but it is very good food, and good value.

The restaurant is clean and basic but nice enough to relax over the food and maybe a couple of margaritas or Mexican beer.

• Visited September 2013
“Enjoyed Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had lunch here during the Inglewood Sunfest. The service started off very friendly and we got to enjoy the sunshine while eating our lunch.

The food was pretty good -- basic Mexican fare -- except the salsa for the chips was a bit on the boring side -- not really strong flavours.

The margueritas were not very good. They were cold, but tasted like they had come from a mix. Also when we went to pay the drinks ended up costing over $3.00 more because the menu that we had ordered from had the 'old' pricing. When I questioned this I was told someone had taken the sticker with the 'new' pricing off the menu. Not really my fault -- but they weren't willing to honour the price I ordered at.

Too bad -- because it leaves the customer with a very bad taste.

• Visited August 2013