“Dinner while on business”
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Beltline
Cross street: 15 Ave SW
Transit: Bus #2
Description: Welcome to popular Ric's Grill near trendy 17th Avenue - where steak is king and steak lovers are treated like royalty in our elegant yet casual dining room, private dining room and lounge. Ric's serves famous Sterling Silver AAA premium Alberta beef and hand-carves it according to strict house standards for thickness and fat cover, marinates it in a special blend of spices, then grills it at extremely high heat. It's the best version of an old favorite you'll EVER taste for your hard-earned money. Ric's Grill also features fresh fish and seafood, chicken, ribs, pastas and sautes, as well as freshly tossed salads to order. Ric's has been awarded the coveted Wine Spectator Award of Excellence four years in a row and cellars over 150 fine selections from the world's finest wine producing regions. Reserve your Ric's Grill table today and enjoy a dining experience guaranteed to exceed your expectations.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Ric's grill to me has a limited menu and the pricing for the type of food is more than what I would have anticipated.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We came back for dinner with friends to Ric's Grill and we were as happy and pleased, as always.

Great food, service and drinks. We always enjoy this very good restaurant.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Very good and you get a %10 discount if you stay at the Best Western Suites on the next block. The Bison burger is fantastic.

SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thanks for your comments Ryan.

We hope to delight you again soon - next time you are in Calgary, we hope!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I won 2 gift cards for Ric's Grill in a golf tournament and I had never heard of this restaurant. We went to the 17th Ave location, and I was immediately disappointed in the decor - old and worn. Their website make their restaurant look very upscale. I guess the newer location downtown would have been a better choice. The food was just average, and for these prices, I expected more. We won't be going back anytime soon.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving our restaurant a try, and thank you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback, as it is essential for us to learn what our customers feel we are doing well, as well as what we need to change.

We will take your comments into consideration regarding the décor of our 17th Ave location, but what concerns me more is that your dining experience was simply average. We endeavor to provide excellence to our customers in food quality, value and service, and when our customers consider their visit “average”, it is important for me to find out why. I have messaged you privately to request a few more details that I hope you’ll be willing to provide.

Our standard menu is traditional steakhouse fare, but our chefs get creative on a regular basis, creating features such as our “Steakhouse Best” and other seasonal favorites.

Again, thanks very much for your candid feedback, and I hope that you will consider trying us again and giving us a second chance.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Had a business lunch and want dot try something different. Had been a Ric's Grill for Appies the week before.
Can't say enough about their Appetizers, YUMMY!!! There Lunch menu seemed good, good variety. I had the ribs well my lunch partners had the steak. The Ribs were good, far from the best I have ever had! (Keg and Laurier Lounge, Caesar's Steak House, Nicks Steak House all way better). They were kind of Mushy? How on earth can you get mushy ribs?? Maybe it was the sauce I don't know, but wasn't overly impressed by the Ribs. The Veggies were way too crunchy, not cooked enough.
Drinks were good (iced tea), but kind of watered down. Service was outstanding!! Didn't have desert. Have something besides the Rib's.