“Amazing First Time”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Beltline
Cross street: 15 Ave SW
Transit: Bus #2
Description: Welcome to popular Ric's Grill near trendy 17th Avenue - where steak is king and steak lovers are treated like royalty in our elegant yet casual dining room, private dining room and lounge. Ric's serves famous Sterling Silver AAA premium Alberta beef and hand-carves it according to strict house standards for thickness and fat cover, marinates it in a special blend of spices, then grills it at extremely high heat. It's the best version of an old favorite you'll EVER taste for your hard-earned money. Ric's Grill also features fresh fish and seafood, chicken, ribs, pastas and sautes, as well as freshly tossed salads to order. Ric's has been awarded the coveted Wine Spectator Award of Excellence four years in a row and cellars over 150 fine selections from the world's finest wine producing regions. Reserve your Ric's Grill table today and enjoy a dining experience guaranteed to exceed your expectations.
Reviewed September 13, 2013

It was a very nice first time experience for us. Gary gave all the information that we needed and He was so nice. Kudos to the kitchen staff for a well produced meal. I must commend Edward, the manager for empowering his staff to promote the business in this manner. It shows that attention is being paid to detail. Good job guys and that 's coming from someone who is also in the service industry.

Cristina & Stuart

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Very nice restaurant, fancy decoration and good service. Very extensive choice in wines and good advise from the sommelier; a treat for the wine-enthusiast. We had a starter to share and steaks as main course. The steaks were prepared very well and tasty. Value for money was good. This restaurant is more stylish (up-scale) compared to Ric’s Lounge (NE, see other review), has better steaks and a broader selection of wines. Many wines from both the Old and New World are on the list. As a syrah lover I observed many good bottles, however only from the New World. A few northern-Rhone syrah’s would certainly complement the list.
We'll be back next time when we're in Calgary !

1  Thank Robertus-1961
Reviewed September 11, 2013

A group of us turned up on a pouring wet night and were really welcomed. Our waiter was Gary who took a real interest in each individual and made sure everyone got exactly what they wanted. We were on a tour of the Rockies from Britain and our leader had wisely chosen this venue.

1  Thank Eileen193
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I must say I was extremely impressed. I have been to this restaurant before and it was a great experience the other times I have been, but my last visit managed to top the previous ones. I went on a Monday so I was able to get the special to add a lobster tail to my meal for an extra $5.00. It was so fresh and all of the food was so tasty. I can honestly say I enjoyed every bite. Every single item was of the highest quality. The service was impeccable too. Vincent was my server and he was very prompt and attentive. I never had to wait for anything. I also really loved his accent and manners. He reminded me of the servers I had when I was in Paris. It was a truely enjoyable experience dining at Ric's Grill and I will definitely be going back and bringing friends/meetings. I think they can accomodate for everything.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have never been to this restaurant but have heard several good things about it. So when choosing the perfect spot to celebrate our Anniversary I checked out Ric's Grill on tripadvisor.ca. After reading glowing reviews this is where we decided to try. Just like most of the other reviews we did meet "Gary" but our server was "KAREN" and she did a fabulous job!! Made sure that my intolerance to some spices were handled and the evening was just as expected.