“Yes, good seafood is back...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,168 of 3,497 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
“Yes, good seafood is back...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

There have been many visits to a Red Lobster in my life, most with my family. Today was a solo trip during lunch. This restaurant has turned around since we stopped coming over 5 years ago. One of the problems was the burning down of the NW restaurant, but this NE location has also not meet expectations. Not so today as expectations were surpassed. The greeter at the front saw me getting out of my car and was waiting for me with a menu. The server was prompt to take my drink order. The lunch crowd was just starting. The delivery of the drink and biscuits a few short minutes later with the difficult decision of the main. Difficult because the specials menu is not in expensive. One of the issues in the past was that feeling of being, um, baited and switched. The lunch I ordered, the New Orleans's Salmon with a Tabasco shrimp Beurre Blanc sauce, was well prepared, served hot, fresh and well balanced flavors. Paying the bill was also a good experience where the check and the payment method was done quickly. The only complaint I have is that I felt I was meeting the mob in their restaurant. That dark interior with dark accessories. And lack of natural light. Not a lunch type place environment.

• Visited January 2014

Calgary
“Dead Lobster”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Another of my favorite eateries. Too bad it burnt down and not fixed as they must be losing a fortune. Been watching cooking channel I think I glad its gonna be rebuilt.

Visited October 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Food was good per Red Lobster standard, but washrooms unclean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The food was enjoyed by all of us: 4 adults and 2 kids. The service was good and one of the servers took out a live lobster for our kids to see and touch. The renos going on were a bit of a nuisance as they had men going into the ladies room so there were no urinals and only two toilet stalls to use; one of which had no door. They were very busy, but should have someone checking the washrooms as the wall soap dispenser was just sitting on the counter and the three garbage pails were overflowing with paper towels.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Red Deer
“Under renovation ...but still great service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went to the restaurant for an evening meal to celebrate coming back home from working overseas. The first thing we noticed was that the outside of the building was getting a major renovation. The second and third things were the lack of parking because of the construction and the amount of people standing outside waiting for tables. It was a Friday night around 6:30 so the line up was expected.

When we went inside and asked for a table we were told the wait would be 35 minutes or maybe less, we expected and excepted the wait time. In all actuality the wait till was 10 minutes and then we were lead to a table in the lounge area.

The server Melissa was excellent and was all there to check if we needed anything throughout the menu. The appetizers were excellent and they were served very quickly and our meal was served before the appetizers were completed. The main dish that we both had were excellent, I had the admirals feast and my girlfriend had the grilled lobster.

We have eaten at this restaurant several times over the past few years and have never had a bad experience. And I have eaten seafood from different place and countries around the world and this red lobster is in the top 10.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kevin L
Strathmore, Canada
“Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.. No chance at a third!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Well here we go again, had to give it a second chance and I can't figure out why? Ok yea I can,, mom wanted to go. Never going to put myself through the torture of bad. food at way to high of prices. Had to be the worst visit to Red Lobster ever!! The shrimp was like mushy puree, salad; a bowl of wilted yellow lettuce, oven baked potatoes.. nope deep fried.. cleaned out live lobster.. nope cut down the centre and thrown on the plate.. Why would you cut it down the centre and serve it like that? King crab legs... My pinky finger is bigger than any of the legs served. So much more I could mention but I'm sure you get the point. I'm sad to report my fav family spot is gone gone gone. Since they opened my family has been such big fans. I would have to say a good 30+ years. We always got so excited to go and loved it every single time. Our family run has come to an end. Don't waist your time or money.. It's just not worth it.

• Visited July 2013