“poor quality, poor service”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #1,110 of 3,537 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Cochrane, Canada
“poor quality, poor service”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Having family from the east coast I have eaten amazing seafood, and amazing lobster. Red Lobster completely fails. I find the food greasy. But the biscuit usually can make up everything! Love the biscuits! On our last visit we were a big birthday group, with 4 kids. The service was fine, nothing amazing. One of the kids just as we were paying and leaving got sick and this is a place that has carpet floors! I think carpet is a dirty, bacteria housing choice for a food establishment. And I felt so bad for the dinners by us, we were leaving and obviously we had nothing to clean up with and we asked 2 servers and nobody there seemed concerned that the kid had barfed up his crab legs. We had an early dinner (5ish) and the place was packed when we left, so it may be just mean that finds this place a bit yucky. Hope you have better luck :) maybe fill up on biscuits!!

Visited February 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Food Quality very low”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

When you go to the restaurant and if you expect to get the food you see advertised in the Red Lobster ads on TV then you will be sorely disappointed. Food quality is not good and no real taste in the food as well. Skip it and save your money.

• Visited November 2012
Strathmore, Canada
“Happy Birthday?? Not this time. :(”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Red Lobster has been my family's all time favorite restaurant since I was a kid. We always go for mine and my mom's birthday. It's just a bit to expensive for everyday fast food. Well this time was my birthday, we got there at 6. Got seated at 7.. What ever happened to being able to reserve a table?? Really... Why did that ever change? By the time you get seated your not in the best of moods and your sick of waiting. It seems like everyone around us had the same wait and you could tell they were all a bit peeved. It seemed like it took for ever for the waitress to come and take our drink order and by the time we got them we had been seated for 20 minutes. We were there for lobster fest so of course we ordered lobster. Our appetizers came pretty fast and they were perfect. Then came the main dish. OVER COOKED LOBSTER!! What, you have to be kidding me! It was set under a broiler and the tops were like burnt toast. We cut into it and it was bone dry!! We showed the waitress right away and she brought out new lobster tails. Then,, my mom was eating her salad and found a hair. OMG!!! Tooo much. Luckily the waitress was standing right there when she found it. She was sincerely apologising for the hair and you could tell she was upset about it. By now I thought for sure a manager would have come by to say sorry but not one manager came to our table. It was pretty bad. She gave me a free piece of cake for our experience. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten one because it was my birthday. Well not much more I can really say but it was definitely our worst experience at Red Lobster. That's for sure. Not really sure we will be going there for mom's birthday. When your bill is over $250 and you have that many problems I think its only right a manager comes to the table.

• Visited March 2013
Calgary
“Good service, not good food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visited the NE location for the 1st time. The service was very good, friendly waitress, she noticed immediately when she placed a plate on the table that the broccoli was way over cooked and said she would replace it. It was delivered quickly by a manager with sincere apologies. But as I have found with the SW location it's overpriced, over buttered and over salted. I'm not sure why we keep going back - hopeful maybe!?! we usually leave disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
Calgary
“Dark and depressing, food substandard...”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Older dated furnishings in this Red Lobster. This felt like a "chain" restaurant. Ordered the sole fish and it came bathed in way too much sauce. What an awful meal overall,and not cheap either! I will never return to any Red Lobster restaurant.

• Visited January 2013