“Great Indian Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Mission
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have been going to Rajdoot almost as long as I have been in Calgary. I absolutely love Indian food and would eat it 5 times a week if I could.

I find the buffet to be fresh and a good variety of different dishes. I really haven't had a bad meal here. Sometimes there's times were a dish that doesn't appeal to me, but overall the food tastes great. I like the naan and it is delivered fresh to the table. I usually eat a little of everything, that's why the buffet appeals to me. I have been here with my GF, workmates, and friends and it's always a pleasurable experience.

I haven't visited since the flood and was surprised on how beautiful the place looks now. I am very impressed. The staff are usually very friendly and attentive. I always get a mango lassi to accompany my meal. I with I left room for chai as it's very good.

• Visited May 2014

Calgary, Canada
“We just love this place.”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is the kind of place that - after 50 years of me not being very adventurous in my food choices, and my wife telling me how great it was, I finally went - and saw a whole new world in front of me. Who knew that an Indian restaurant would turn out to be a Fav place for me. Our grown children love it, our friends that we've taken love it. The staff is friendly, helpful, and will help you out if you have questions. One of the owners, Raj, can fill you in on the 35 years of business his family has had here. Yes there's a menu, but we tend to go for the buffet, and just kinda graze. And then we waddle out (although I'm trying to be good and cut back, it's tough work when everything tastes so good). And my wife is thrilled that I'm eating new foods that she never thought I'd try - and I'm even branching out further afield.

• Visited March 2014
Calgary
“Food & Service is Very Good!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The food and service is very good at Rajdoot! It's a favourite restaurant. A particular favourite is their dinner buffet which runs (I believe) from Saturday to Tuesday. We've never had a bad experience at Rajdoot and have been regular visitors. If you like East Indian cuisine, you won't go wrong with a visit here.

• Visited December 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“A great spot for lunch”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I had a lovely lunch at Rajdoot today (October 17th).
They have a really well-appointed buffet, with a very good selection of Indian cuisine.
I especially liked the Butter Chicken, but everything we had (and we tried everything)
was great. There is a good salad selection, and many wonderful sweets for dessert.
We always enjoy the rice pudding, and a lovely mango fruit custard. I do like the layout of the restaurant and there is free parking in the rear. Very reasonably priced, too.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank FamilyLloyd
Calgary
“Indian cuisine that won't disappoint”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I love Indian food and have been to 10+ Indian restaurants in Calgary. I'd give this one an 8 or 9 out of 10 for the food, service and ambiance. I find the quality of food to be above average and service is very good. I really like the buffet when it is on.

Visited March 2013