“The worst customer service I have ever experienced”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Rajdoot Restaurant

Rajdoot Restaurant
Ranked #1,111 of 3,513 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Indian, Fast Food
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Mission
Calgary, Canada
“The worst customer service I have ever experienced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have ordered takeout from Rajdoot a few times, and the food has always been pretty good. However this time I was ordering delivery with my family, and my dad has a garlic allergy. We called and spoke to them and they said they could do all of our dishes without garlic. 1 hour and 20 minutes later, someone else called us to ask "is it okay if some of the dishes have garlic", and said there was only 1 dish they could make on the whole menu that my dad could eat. They hadn't even started making our food for nearly 1.5 hours!! And then they said he could only have chicken with spinach. And asked if that was okay. It was NOT okay. If they couldn't make anything without garlic, they should have said that when we ordered. Also, how can they not have anything without garlic?? That is just the mark of extremely lazy cooking. I like garlic as much as the next person, but give me a break. We will never eat there again. You just shouldn't treat your customers like that.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank emilyfoodie

“Awful service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

It took them 20 minutes to bring us the customary glasses of water, another 15 thereafter to take the order and 70 minutes further before we got the main course.

A 105 minutes from the time we were shown to our table to getting our meal on a Friday evening.

We never got the starters ordered, and when we brought that to our servers attention he just shrugged his shoulders saying they were busy.

It took another 20 minutes to pay after receiving the bill. We mentioned that to the manager who just blamed the the server - about the same lack of interest in their service as the server.

Safe to say we will not be going there again.

4 Thank CrashBash
toronto
“EAST MEETS WEST”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

My son, the calgarian, swears that Rajdoot is the best Indian restaurant in town; to which I beg to differ as I live in Toronto and WE DO have the best Indian food outside of India. The restaurant has an Indian buffet for lunch and serves fresh baked naan. The price is right, $9.95per person and food is plenty.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank connie l
Calgary, Canada
“Nice people, good food, pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stopped by for dinner at this restaurant enroute to see a show at the Jubilee auditorium. The service staff were very polite and helpful. Food was very good -- not the best Indian I've ever had but tasty and we enjoyed the meal. Cozy environment, though not luxurious or lavish. Bonus was free parking behind the restaurant (in what has become a busy part of the city). A very decent option!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank drfumblefinger
Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful food time and time again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I was first exposed to this restaurant when I moved to Calgary from London. After having 2 years of superb Indian cuisine in London, I was pleasantly surprised that Rajdoot could provide a similar food experience. I wouldn't say that the service is exemplary, but we prefer to be left alone, and it suits us fine. With young children, we tend to arrive early, to avoid any crowds, and have never waited more than 10 minutes to be served. We love the butter chicken and Naan bread, and continue to try different menu items. The price is right for our family, and we continue to enjoy the experience.

• Visited May 2012