“Fun night , very good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Piq Niq Cafe - CLOSED

Piq Niq Cafe
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown
Calgary, Canada
“Fun night , very good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Chose this for a dinner before the theatre.
Four of us had a lovely time. Started with the salad sampler which was fun- though would probably just chose a full appetizer next time.
Mains were all great - scallops, arctic char & tenderloin.
The chocolate cake was delicious and I am am not usually a fan of chocolate desserts.
Great service - just the right amount of attention.
Will go back.

• Visited May 2012
5 Thank fayeCalgary

“Fantasic little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Never been disappointed. Great space, and after dinner there is a fabulous little jazz club connected, called Beat Niq

Visited March 2012
3 Thank jim-in-alberta
“A great Night Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stumbled upon Piq Niq one evening and we were lucky enough that they were able to fit us in. We enjoyed superb food and service. We revelled in the live jazz offering downstairs and it was a really treat to be introduced to some Canadian talent. This was an expensive evening, but well worth it. Do book through as there is not a lot of space.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank Erica J
“Amazing little bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

This little restaurant is always a great option, especially with the Beat Niq jazz club below. It makes for an excellent night! The service was fantastic. Attentive, yet not obtrusive, without arrogance, which unfortunately is common at so many calgary restaurants. I had the risotto which was fantastic. The only complaint I have is that all the other dishes had some sort of pork product, so my selection was limited. The appies looked good, and we just had the cheese plate. That risotto kept me full till the wee hours. We had Flames tickets so went to the game right after dinner, and didnt go down to beat niq. Ill be back next week again!

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank manium
Dallas, Texas
“Nice atmosphere but poor service and dishonest”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

I ate here once before and was very unimpressed. The restaurant was nice enough inside, but the food was just acceptable and pricy and the service was pretty poor. Then I noticed a Livingsocial deal for it and decided I would give them a chance to vindicate themselves. Unfortunately close to the date it expired they were closed to the public so people could not use it. When I asked if they could extend the deal because they had closed, they said that I should have used it right when I bought it. So that was strike 2 and 3. I will not be going back again and would suggest for the money, there are far better options. Including muriettas across the street!

3 Thank Adam F