“Best Chinese downtown outside of Chinatown”

Pink Pearl Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #2,124 of 3,514 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Cochrane, Canada
“Best Chinese downtown outside of Chinatown”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Good food but not much on the atmosphere, wide open and noisy. They do have a take out window that is priced reasonably well with the same great food.

Visited December 2012

“Fast lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

This place is OK if you want a fast lunch and have no reservation. Food is typical North American Chinese food not special and nothing too bad.

2 Thank nscementer
Calgary, Canada
“Pink Pearl Lures Customers With False Advertising”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

I met up with a friend at the Pink Pearl Chinese Restaurant located at 315 8th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta in Banker's Hall on November 30th, 2011. They were advertising an "Enjoy one complimentary DINNER ENTREE when a second DINNER ENTREE of equal or greater value is purchased" in the Calgary Area Edition 2012 Entertainment Book.
The full page ad which appears page B7 of the book states that the offer is "VALID ANYTIME". The ad also states that Customers are to present their Entertainment Book Card that comes with the book which costs $40. l. The ad specifically states that you do not need to present the page or a coupon just show your card. I bought the book from my Niece as a fundraiser for her Son's school.
Well imagine our shock when the Waitress refused to accept my Entertainment Book Card saying that it was only good during the evening. She quickly got someone claiming to be the Owner who in turn very rudely said I was wrong and also refused to accept the card saying it was only good during the evenings.
Well long story short because the ad said you didn't need the page the ad was on I didn't bring it with me so I couldn't very well argue as I had no proof.
Of course when I finally got home an hour later I discovered what I had known all along namely that the offer was "VALID ANYTIME." I would like to thank the Pink Pearl Chinese Restaurant located in Banker's Hall for ruining our day. Our bill for an appetizer, two dinners and two beers each was $79.77 including a ten dollar tip, not exactly cheap for a very mediocre lunch. I would highly suggest if anyone feels the need to reward such business practices that they have their Entertainment Guide with them so it doesn't happen to them too!

• Visited November 2011
4 Thank Derek B
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

I have just recently came back from lunch at this restaurant and found it to be just okay in terms of food taste/quality and price. Living and working close by, I am surprised that I had not been in this establishment before and may or may not be back.

I had ordered the Combo which was a lot of food, it included: one veggie spring roll, fried rice, mixed veggies, a small soup, and a choice of main (opted for ginger beef). The food was not stellar but of average taste which is what I anticipated when arriving and the price of the meal (just food) was about $16 for this combo. As today was a holiday it was pretty bare inside, usually throughout the week during lunch there is a lineup to get in, hence the reason for not generally frequenting this place. Being that there was hardly anybody else in the restaurant I would have expected above average service but for what I received deemed only the minimal 15% tip.

If you are wanting an oriental flavor for lunchtime in the Calgary downtown core then this is one of the more popular places but I am unsure why ... it is just average.

Furthermore, call ahead ... their website indicates that they are closed on Sundays and Holidays but they were open today (11-11-11).

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Greg C
Calgary
“Best chinese food in Calgary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2010

This is our favorite chinese restaurant. The food is always fresh and everything is light - lemon chicken batter , sauces etc. Certainly one of the first places my kids want to go for dinner when given a choice.

2 Thank seeing-the-globe