“Eggs Beni Meat rancid February 02-14” 1 of 5 bubbles

Phil's Restaurants
Ranked #468 of 3,497 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Eggs Beni Meat rancid February 02-14”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Had the Eggs Beni this aft around 1:30 p.m. The ham was rotten. The chef/active manager said it was just the Pea Meal ham. I explain that it was not just a different taste. It smelt like strong urine and the taste would not leave my mouth all day. Hoping I do not get sick, but I only had the one bite. The staff that smelt it said it smelt bad, according to my waitress. I was offer a free meal, which I ate alone as my family had finished, and only got half way through as I still felt sick after eating the bite of my Eggs Beni. We eat at Phils all the time and Eggs Beni is one of my favorite meals.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank WandaB777

“Nicely updated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Been a while since I had been at this Phil's, nicely updated. Arrived and greeted very quickly. My associate and myself both enjoyed a coffee, he ordered breakfast, I had the beef dip. Both were good, sure were a lot of fries. Good service, and good food. Great meeting place.

• Visited December 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“quality food and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I eat here often, the price is right and good service.
i appreciate their service and friendliness of the staff.
all menu items are good. best restaurant in motel village since the red lobster closed.

the hours are less closes early could be late , all other restaurants in motel village stay late.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Calgary, Canada
“Good basic food, usually served quick”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Usually eat breakfast, decent selection of gluten free items. Try the gluten free waffle..... not bad. Service is friendly and quick. Coffee is pretty good, worth a refill. Weekend staff usually not as efficient as the weekday staff. One of our favourite meeting places for our weekly business meeting. Open early as well (6:00 a.m.)

• Visited October 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shocking Experience!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

On Saturday September 21, 2013, we were leaving Calgary and decided before we leave we would all get together for breakfast. We were seated and the waitress took our drink orders, when she returned, as she leaned over to set down some cups she poured the hot water that she was holding in the other hand down my back. Startled and shocked I stood up to pull my shirt and jacket away from my skin, she kept apologizing and took off, another server came over and said can I bring you a cold towel which I was very grateful for. After all the distress and a burning wet back, not one cent was taken of off our bill!! Maybe a little PR would go a long way!

• Visited September 2013