“Worst fries I've had”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stopping at Peters used to be a treat for us on a trip home from the Rockies. Never again. The burgers were okay, but the fries were barely cooked; I could taste raw potato in the middle. I returned them to the counter and was given a new batch - I was promised that they were just out of the fryer. True, they were warm, but they were still greasy and undercooked. I don't understand why they can't fry them until they are cooked and crispy. I would much rather receive a smaller portion of properly-cooked fries than the big greasy batch I was given.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,984)

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

This used to be a great place to grab a shake fries and burger. Since the original owner Gus Pieter's passed away and the drive in was passed onto the family the quality of product has really diminished. Fries are now shoestring and not crispy. Hamburgers are dry or completely over sauced. There is no consistency. A disappointment considering it was such a treat to enjoy a picnic outside here on a hot summer day or take visitors to splurge.

1  Thank Sonya U
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Doing a tour of Alberta and I certainly recommend this fast food spot!! The burgers are great and the milkshake menu is amazing!! They have every milkshake flavour known to mankind!!! The staff and service is friendly and it truly is fast food. Very popular amongst the locals and now I wish there was a Peter's Drive In at my home town..

The style is very old school drive in style and that is what makes it one of a kind!

I tried the chocolate milkshake with a big bag of fries and the regular hamburger. So good.. yummy!!

I will definitely be coming back to Alberta specifically for some Peter's Drive In

Be sure to pick a hot sunny day and enjoy the food!!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Best milkshakes in town, several flavours.
Line ups are long but move quickly.
Burgers and fries are average.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Don't let the line up of cars intimidate you.... it moves fast and forks into two lanes to utilize both sides of the building. Even the walk up window is super speedy! But parking and fending off wasps can be a hassle. I recommend driving down the street to Crescent hill and eating in a park overlooking downtown. :)
Every flavor and combination of milkshake is of course amazing! And they are crazy thick so they last a while. I have always loved that (for whatever reason) they give you 1 1/2 burger patties on a single. Basic greasy comfort burger. And the portion of rings or fries you get is huge! I definitely recommend Peter's as a MUST EAT destination in Calgary. As does the rest of the city for sure. :P