“Transport yourself to Elegance”
Review of Osteria Chefs Table - MOVED

Osteria Chefs Table
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hillurst
Description: A quaint, casual, elegant setting featuring classic Italian cuisine with a twist. Daily Chefs Table menu choices to include a 6 course tasting menu. Eclectic wine selection, polished yet casual and comfortable service philosophy. Private rooms available to include audio visual. Prix fix menus for group bookings and patio menu. Catering menus available. A new twist on an old established tradition.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Osteria is a fantastic place for couples, a group dinner party or private function. As you enter you are greeted like family dropping by for dinner. Coats are taken and hung up just like at home. The restaurant is large enough yet has a cozy, intimate feel. The menu is extensive and if you don't see what you like, they are more than happy to accommodate your wants and needs. There is generally a special each day that is always scrumptious. Service is impressive which adds to the all around great feel. Parking is tight with only a small parking lot but you usually can get lucky. Valet parking is also available.

8  Thank CanadianMum
Tara S, Public Relations Manager at Osteria Chefs Table, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Very pleased that you had a wonderful experience!

At a restaurant like the Osteria, where we have TRUE master chefs in our kitchen, a menu is just a suggestion! Next time you are in, tell your waiter what you are in the mood for; don't look at the menu, and trust in our amazingly experienced staff! Or, simply ask the chef to take care of you........guaranteed, his creation will not disappoint!

Come back soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I got addicted to Osteria because of their famous seafood. The Italian style aroma and great hosting made me a loyal consumer of this restaurant. I tied their mouthwatering “Rosted rack of lamb” and it was just awesome.

I am no good at writing comments about any restaurant but their exceptionally good Italian food made me do this, and whenever I went there my appetite got bigger and craving for the taste. In the town I visited pretty much every Italian restaurants before visiting Osteria in Calgary and since I ate their seafood I recommended all my friends about this place and every time I went there I overeat to satisfy my cravings.

If you are good fan of seafood or planning to eat sea bass you must have heard for the yum flavor of sea bass with fried spices. These just cooked fish are great in taste and the smell is just awesome. I never imagined I would be so impressed with the crust and cheese sauce but Osteria de Medici is the one made me a craving lover of this food.

I got a very good vibe from the manager of the restaurant and the waiter was always there to hear from us and served the food quicker and we didn’t wait at all. I will call it a perfect place to eat Italian in town. Osteria is quite good place to satisfy your Italian craving for any time visit. Food is fresh and delicious every time. Once you go there and tested any of the dishes you will plan your next Italian food to Osteria only.

6  Thank Alex B

Thank you Alex! Seafood is one of our specialties, and I am so happy you enjoyed everything! Next time you are in town, try the Seafood Platter (with scampi, calamari, mussels, salmon and scallops) OR the Linguini Pescatore (my personal favorite). Don't hesitate to call us ahead of time, if you want a privvate room or a particular table, it would be my pleasure!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have been to this restaurant on several occasions and the food has always been top notch. They have always went out of there way to make my kids something they would eat. really it is not that much more expensive then a few other nice restaurants in Calgary but it is worth every penny. Average pasta $20, steaks $45. The service is always incrediable and the italian servers are also nice to look at. Momma is always there to greet you when you come in and always has time to come over and say a quick hello or Merry Christmas, you will not find better Italian food anywhere in the city!

6  Thank leelee6789

Thank you LeeLee! Not many people realize that Osteria is family-friendly, but we welcome and enjoy children of all ages! The kitchen is happy to prepare anything for the kids, be it a tiny plate of pasta, or fries and chicken fingers! Glad you had a great time and the kids enjoyed it......see you again soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The food and service here are top notch and is why it attracts the whose who of Calgary. Get out your wallets! The last time we were here, our waiter invited us to see the wine cellar..... amazing.

3  Thank SjNM123

Glad to see you got a small glimpse of our private stock! We are very proud of our wine list, and are pleased that you enjoyed the tour......hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Osteria's never fails when it comes to their menu. We have eaten there many times over the years and have never been unhappy with what we have chosen. Excellent service and servers.

4  Thank Penny5_12