“Busy but food is great”

Neighborhood: Southeast Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Busy but food is great”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Not many places serve liver, this is the ONLY place I go to when I have the want, I can't cook it like Mom but this place can! Huge portions and comfort food delight, the smoked meat sandwich is another favourite as are the salads and burgers. Family restaurant and can feel a little crowded but the food is worth it! Friends come down from the north side of the city just to go to Oscar's when we want to go out for comfort food.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank cathie w

Canada
“Calgary comfort food with good (smiling) service!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Reading some of the previous reviews I was sure that we'd get some good food and cold service. But this wasn't the case at all. The experience at Oscars was quite enjoyable and our server and hostess very friendly. Admittedly there was a server that walked around with a bit of a scowl, but we had Georgia and she was great.

Family style restaurant with a decent wine and beer selection and more or less comfort food items with some wok stir fries. Dry ribs were tasty and plentiful. Burgers really good and veal cutlet cooked to perfection. Caesar salad slightly on the over dressed side but overall very good. Lots of seniors and families so something for all.

Oscars shares the car park with their sister restaurant next door, so despite the signs in the lot saying WP parking only you're still ok to park and eat at Oscars.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank LongWayAcross
“Tasty burgers”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I was staying at the Stetson Village Motor in across the road and thought I would try this restaurant out. I had the bacon mushroom cheddar burger and it was very good. I believe it was homemade and has a half pound if beef. The serving of fries that came with it was also very large. I couldn't finish it all. The waitress was friendly. The burger, fries and a bottle of beer was $20. Decent price for good food.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank RedPony138
calgary
“Saturday lunch”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

A friend and I had an early lunch at Oscars
The hostess was very welcoming and friendly as she seated us, bringing coffee and water very promptly.
We ordered the soup,salad and garlic toast. Everything was delicious, the soup was piping hot and just what we needed on a very cold April day. Refills of coffee were brought without us having to ask

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank chanel16calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Just Nice”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We Loved It! We dined there on our anniversary and it was marvelous. Coming from New York, i have had a hard time finding good food in this City. However, the food and service was impeccable and the lovely lady hostess who is also the owner was very gracious. I would very much recommend this lovely restaurant.

• Visited March 2013