“Dissapointing”

Cuisines: Diner
Neighborhood: Hillurst
Neighborhood: Hillurst
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Did this place change hands recently?
There's different people running it now and they just don't have the same touch. Table staff is robot like and the food was underwhelming at best.
We will not be going back.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We decided to give Nellie's another chance as it has been a couple of years...it was a good decision. Jessica who served us was pleasant, courteous, friendly, with a very inviting personality. The food was nicely prepared, garden salad,(actually tasted like fresh lettuce vs the bagged lettuce of the past), homemade tomato soup, a real hit, ( had three bowls) the bacon cheddar burgers tasted like beef, were lean and tender..

A big thumbs up to the new management!!

2  Thank grassislander
Reviewed June 4, 2013

There have been a lot of discrepensies about this restaurant in the past, but upon my last visit, I realized how much it has changed!

The decor is ecclectic and charming. The dishware is different. The atmosphere is relaxed and the food is comforting. I have had both their breakfasts and lunch. I love their Mac'n'Cheese, and also their stuffed french toast. They stuff their french toast with blueberries and cream cheese! The hash browns are a delight. They are cubed, instead of shredded, which I love! I would recommend this place if you just want to sit back and relax. The place is fun, the food is fun and the staff are fun too. I always go to Nellie's when I'm in town! I can't wait to visit the patio when it is warm enough!

2  Thank Heathyr C
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Yes, real hollandaise sauce! What a difference a lemon makes. The rest of the benedict was fantastic as well with real grilled potato chunks and a variety of fresh fruit on the side. No extra charges. The eggs were perfectly cooked and didn't run all over the plate. The food came fast as well. I couldn't believe the size of the portions of food that were coming out of the kitchen! Everything looked delicious! I will be going back to try something different. We had great service from the greeting at the door to the time we left. See you again soon ...

2  Thank 3under
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We sat down and it was right after we ordered that we looked around to really see the place. Along the ledge beside our table was about an eigth of an inch of dust with bugs mixed into it. We almost got up and bailed but we figured that if there were that many people there the food must be really good for people to put up with the filth. Wrong decision - I ordered the brakfast tostada which was labelled "Nellie's Favorite" and it was absoulutely disgusting. In fact the eggs weren't fully cooked and I believe that the guacamole had turned as it was completely brown. We stood up, paid the check and couldn't leave fast enough.

1  Thank 2_x_Gilks