“Can't honestly say I'll be back...” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Mont royal
Calgary, Canada
“Can't honestly say I'll be back...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

At the recommendation of a friend, my wife and I had breakfast at Nellie's cosmic eatery-thingy... Portion size was generous, but the food was very bland and the fruit was not very fresh. Seating is limited on the patio, and it was too stuffy to sit inside. I found the price for a two-person breakfast to be reasonable, but I still wouldn't come back. There are just so many places that do a better breakfast nearby.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Re C

Winnipeg
“Don't Go Here!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I tried this place once in the spring and again the following winter...its clear to me now that their low standards of basic hospitality are usual expectation.

The restaurant is disgustingly filthy with crumbs left by the night before's patrons. The food is some of the worst I have had anywhere.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“gross”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

I don't even know where to start, the thing that I first noticed was the 1/4 inch of dust on all the knick knacks hanging all over the walls, the place was filthy, and i don't have high standards. We had a seat where we could see in the kitchen and it was gross...gross. I should have walked out at that point, but you never know sometimes the tastiest food is in the not so mice lookin' places...not so here. I had a huevos like dish I can't remember what it was called but is wasn't good, the avacados were brown and stringy. It's breakfast people, how do you screw up breakfast?

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Krustybee
Calgary, Canada
“GO big or go home..... seriously”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Tables are a little close, but really... if you are hungry, just order a REGULAR MEAL... or you will be trying to stuff toast and eggs into your pockets... fast fast fast service even if there is a line... the owner is a little disconnected from kitchen staff we noticed, the kitchen was faster than the owner liked perhaps LOL

1 Thank digitaltravels
Canada
“12 years of public health violations”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2010

Januray 2010, Nellie's was fined over $60,000 for 12 years of violations that included mouse droppings in the food, improper handling of food, improper food storage to improper cleaning of utensils. Apparently, all five Nellie's locations were implicated.

3 Thank dak2009