“considerate staff”

Namskar Fine Indian Cuisine
Ranked #223 of 3,537 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“considerate staff”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Saw all the great reviews. I asked about their use of dairy before making reservation for lunch buffet. Had to call back for slight time change, and was asked about my dairy intolerance -- apparently the first guy made a note on the reservation so waiter could point out dishes to me when I got there. How considerate! There were enough choices I had no problem. Loved the thin salty cracker breads. We enjoyed our meal. Easy parking.

• Visited June 2014

Devon, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

There are lots of Indian restaurants in Calgary, but we tend to keep returning to Namskar. Service is friendly and efficient, food is always fresh, tasty and well presented.

We particularly like their lunch buffet which has lots of options and is very good value.

The restaurant itself is bright and airy and quite modern in style. Parking is available in back and on the street.

• Visited March 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Not the best dinner..might try the lunch buffet next time”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Monday evening.

Had the vegetarian dishes tonight.

Baingan Patiala
Another regional speciality. Slices of eggplant
with cashews and onion seeds.

Tasted a little burnt and I cannot say that I noticed any cashews in it at all, perhaps in a fine paste form?

Dal Makhani
Black lentil & red kidney beans cooked in various spices reduced with cream & butter.

We found it a little bland and did not notice any red kidneys beans in it.

Paneer Butter Masala
Cheese cooked with chopped peppers/ various spices in tomato based creamy gravy.

The best of the three mains – pretty identical to the chicken version.

Namskar Veggie Platter
4 pcs. veggie pakoras, 2 pcs. veggie samosa, 4 pcs. paneer pakoras.

Not too bad, the samosas need some spice to them, fairly bland.

Lachha Prantha
Whole wheat multi - layered bread baked in tandoor with butter.

Very nice

Gulab Jamun (2 Pcs.)
Milk pastry balls with crushed nuts in warm sweet syrup.

Did not arrive with any crushed nuts, syrup has a citrus note to it, but very sweet.

Pistachio Kulfi
East Indian ice cream blended with almonds, pistachios & saffron.

Disappointing, very icy and without flavour.

Service was slow…a refill of chai tea was promised a few times as the waiter rushed past, about the fifth time it arrived, but was cold by the time the dessert arrived.

So, I do not think that I can recommend them based on this one evening.
The lunch buffet is enjoyed by my in-laws and wife, so I might give them another try.

• Visited May 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Try the lunch Buffet. The Tandoori and Butter Chicken are wonderful. Finish with a cup of Chai tea and if feels like you are sitting in another world right here in Calgary. Terrific Experience.

• Visited October 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“A Good Dinner Experience”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Awesome food, but bad service.. I was there couple of days before with my friends while returning from Banff. We thought to try this Indian restaurant, Decor and Ambience was really nice, Food was good, I loved it but they have to improve a lot in Service..
Hope to try it soon next time...

• Visited November 2013