“Will Go Again”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is the first indian meal I have truly enjoyed in a long while. We shared a main course tandoori chicken as a starter - which was served without the red dye but still tasted as it should. We then had a chicken korma and lamb madras both of which we would recommend. We hope our return visit will be just as enjoyable.

1  Thank SL333

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I guess we should have had the butter chicken everyone talks about. We had a korma, biryana and maja. No depth of flavour. The real disappointment was the roti. We are pretty sure they were day olds. The naan that everyone else was eating looked good.

1  Thank Foodseekers
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I've gone to this restaurant a couple times now, and every time I get very poor service. I've been forgotten about in the restaurant, and when I call I get put on hold never to be returned to. The only good thing I can say is, the butter chicken is the only thing I come back to this place for.
If you try this place out I hope it goes better for you then it does for me!

2  Thank mentalmonkey_101
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I have tried most of the Indian Retaurants in Calgary and have been very dissapointed, however, we were pleasantly surprised when we tried Namskar as the flavour of the food was very similar to what we were used to coming from the UK (where Indian food is a way of life). The portion sizes were ample and the flavours wonderful. The service was good and the staff were pleasantly efficient.

1  Thank RichardIanLord
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Restaurant is a little tired looking on the exterior but the interior is nicer than expected. Tables nicely set with cloth napkins, which I much prefer. The menu is not extensive but I found the selections to be excellent from different regions too. Good vegetarian selections. Everything was really flavourful. I liked the copper bowls each item was served - nice touch. We ate the palak paneer, aloo gobhi, Baingan Patiala (the flavour of this one was scrumptious!), veggie manchurian, garlic naan with saffron rice and rice pudding. Everything delicious and spiced perfectly. I'm sure they will adjust heat to your liking. I thought the Chai tea was a little bland for my taste, though.

Service was perfect. Water glass always filled. Attentive but not intrusive. Friendly good-byes on the way out.

Can't wait to go back. Don't see the point of going anywhere else for Indian food.