“Spruce Meadows Visitor”

Neighborhood: Southwest Calgary
New York State
“Spruce Meadows Visitor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Was staying at the Super 8 and could walk here for dinner and a few beers. This is just one of those hometown local places to eat, friendly people, good service. I had a ribye steak, which I enjoyed. Prices are going up all over the place, I think it was $26 bucks for the dinner, had to pay extra for a simple dinner salad. I will go back, if you aren't looking for fancy high end place, you can have a good time. I ate at the bar, met some nice people from the area.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank NYTriper

Canada
“Best Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Best pizza I have tasted, and medium pizzas are on special on Monday's as well as 10 cent dry ribs!! Would go back for sure!

2 Thank SandlesSun
Calgary, Alberta
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

This is a great little place with good food and reasonable prices. We've had dinner here a few times in the last couple of months and the food has always been excellent. The restaurant is very convenient for us since we live in the area and is easily accessible from 52nd St. and 16th Ave (Trans-Canada Hwy. 1) both East and West.
They have a very good Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Menu and there is a little pub next to the restaurant.
Try the Veal Cutlets or the Liver and Onions. Both are excellent.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank K-Man60
Calgary, Canada
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

My family just had lunch at Mr.Schnapps. Service was curt and abrupt, and when I asked to speak with the manager (an owner) to explain our experience, he immediately interrupted and became defensive. I had to ask him to allow me to explain.
In addition to poor service, the food was disappointing. Salad consisted of a handful of iceberg lettuce leaves and a couple slices of carrot. Combined with a very small cup of soup (demitasse size) for $8. I was informed that each on it's own would be worth $8. Wow!
Oddly, my daughter and boyfriend had dinner there not long ago, and the owner (a partner) told them business was really tough...they were having a struggle!!!
So many business owners forget the importance of wowing the customer to grow the business.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank LaFleur66
Calgary
“NEVER EAT HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

My family decided to give this restaurant a shot. What a mistake. I ordered the voodoo chicken, which was supposed to be chicken with a cajun sauce. The chicken was dry and cold, the sauce had a synthetic taste and it wasn't even a cajun sauce!

Instead of a side of fries or potato I decided to get a side greek salad. The greek salad came as a full separate order. The salad was under dressed and tasteless.

My father ordered the special which was chicken parmigiana with spaghetti bolognese. The spaghetti was mushy and cold, the chicken was overcooked and the bolognese sauce was tasteless.

After our disappointing meal we received the bill. They charged me $17.99 for the chicken and an extra $9.00 for the greek salad!! So I payed $17.99 for two pieces of chicken in a crappy sauce with nothing else on the plate!!

I will NEVER go back to this restaurant. Please save yourself the trouble and don't go to this restaurant.

4 Thank LiquidCourageCalgary