“Good food”

Moxie's 17th Ave
Neighborhood: Mont royal
Neighborhood: Mont royal
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Been to many moxies, this one is the same as all the others, definitely good! Food was good, service was good, would go here again and would reccomend it to people to check out!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Rebecca was our waitress at Moxies on 7th October 2013 and she was excellent. ...pleasant, attentive, knowledgeable and helpful.
My wife and I started with a cup of the Wild Thai soup and it was very good. It had chicken, rice, mushrooms and a hefty dash of spices. Excellent.
My wife's salad was unsatisfactory as it had much too much dressing on it. She had ordered the same salad at Moxies in Lethbridge a couple of weeks earlier and there was no comparison. She simply mentioned the over-dressing to Rebecca and five minutes later Rebecca told us that she had both told the chef and taken the cost off our bill.
My penne with Italian sausage was very mediocre. I wouldn't order it again. The sauce was too strong and the sausage sliced too thickly.
We also ordered small desserts; a mini sticky toffee pudding and a chocolate mousse. Both were excellent, as was the coffee.

1  Thank John W
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had a great romantic dinner. The booths were comfortable and we felt right at home. Good
service and great steak. Will be back again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Going on a leisurely walk down 17th, we thought hey, you know what you get at Moxies why don't we duck in here for a bite. Well was that ever a mistake. A chicken burger (somehow undercooked) and a chicken breast main course were ordered. It came to a point where I wondered if they were hunting the chickens in the kitchen before they could make it to our plate.

Well the server kept giving us updates but her perception of time was clearly different then ours. Forty minutes later our meals had arrived. My partners wrinkled her nose and flipped her chicken breast about on the plate. This was odd, I questioned if everything was all right? Yeah the vegetables were good. Well I don't know about you but I don't look at a menu and say I have to have those side dishes. She offered a bite of her chicken breast, I accepted, well lets just say my baseball glove would've been juicier. We brought this to the attention of our waitress and she returned with a soft undercooked chicken breast that had the texture of a rubber glove.

We were assured that the manager had taken care of this. Well he did to the tune of three dollars off.

There is only one food service outlet on 17th ave that is worse, it is Pizza 17 and they don't even try.

Avoid this place as it is slow and just plain not good.

1  Thank bgmwallis
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Consistently bad service. Waited a long time to be seated one time. Another time i had to seat myself. The table of 7 next to us left after sitting there for 30 minutes without even being asked if they want drinks.

1  Thank gpreikschas