“When "Customer Service" is just a job...”

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Ranked #2,648 of 3,770 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I enjoy the western, rustic, woodsy feel of Montana's - as contrived as it is with roughly peeled logs and all. The food is decent, mediocre, BBQ style fare, with a menu that should offer something for most people. However, what could take an average BBQ diner up to an actual enjoyable and memorable experience would be the SERVICE. My service at Montana's at Signal Hill was dismal. The server was slovenly and couldn't give a damn. I ordered the chicken fajitas and they tasted OK, portions size was good, but four tiny flour tortillas was only sufficient for about half the meat/veg. The server showed up at the END to ask if I needed any more, once I had finished off half the plate with my knife and fork.

Look... if you're in the "Service Industry," SERVE. Care about the food and the customer. Be excited about where you work, and the brand you are selling, or go get a job somewhere else. Use some eye contact, smile, brush your hair and wear a shirt that isn't smeared with food stains. I guarantee both you and I will have a better dining experience, and yes, the tip WILL be bigger.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Somehow this place calls to the armchair cowboy in me and it has duped me 3 times. Once in NW Calgary and twice in Lethbridge. Twice it was my fault and once by invite. Portions, length of time to wait, service while waitng, and then the insult- the food. Final insults- the bill, and then the "tip". SAVE YOUR MONEY and by all means the embarassment of taking friends. The great state of Montana shivers. My wife just crapped on me for not saying something that would help them improve... Redo the menu and institute kitchen controls to better keep the food quality and consistency. Perhaps staff incentives of some kind to keep staff and stop the constant turn over and retraining that shows at the front end.
Wait, this aint the owners manual or a checklist.... Good nite Wifey! And this place sucks!! ( I love anonymity)

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We visited several times with our niece and family.
A very busy family restaurant which is well managed and staffed.
Good service and food delivered quickly via efficient kitchen and serving staff.
Steaks, beef and pork ribs and chicken are their forte and we enjoyed all of our meals there.

2  Thank RetiredAldershot
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Good ribs and very good steaks. Good atmosfer and fast service. Wide choise of side dices. À bit noicy.
On tuesday children eat free.

1  Thank Frank S
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My birthday dinner here was a sirloin steak with trimmings (my husband had ribs) followed by a complimentary bowl of ice cream. ALL delicious; great service and good value. Highly recommended. (Wish we had taken kids as they eat free on Tuesdays!)

2  Thank carrie808