“Gone downhill”

Montana's
Ranked #2,429 of 3,512 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
“Gone downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

This location has definitely changed for the worse. Service was very slow- it took forever to get our food order even though the restaurant was half empty by the time it came- and then the food was not very good. The Southwest Steak Salad had huge tasteless chunks of lettuce and cucumber and the rest of the ingredients looked like they had just been thrown in the bowl- no pride in presentation. The Cajun chicken sandwich had no Cajun 'zip' at all. One member of our party commented that the food is not the same as it used to be. For the same price as the salad here ($14.) you can get an awesome chicken Thai salad at Crazyweed in Canmore. It just shouldn't be that difficult to make a tasty salad! The Crowfoot area really needs a decent reasonably priced, family friendly restaurant but this one is failing badly.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank coffee522

“Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food was ok but the last 3 times we went it took 1hr to get our meal after we waited 10-15mins to even get served.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Chris T
“not happy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

took forever to get the food and we got it, it was very disappointing and not very warm, overall not a good experience

3 Thank CCalgary
Golden, Canada
“Garbage food anyone!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

So I was in Calgary to visit my daughter on spring break .We decided to go to Montana's for lunch as it had been a great place for us in the past .We get to our table we were greeted nicely our orders were taken in a timely manner .Then we waited over an hour for our meal we get our lunch "thank god cause we were hungry" .We ordered two burgers and a kids meal we picked up 1french fry and ate it !!!there was so much salt on the French fries we could not eat them .when I looked at my burger it was so sloppy terribly put together anyways I looked no cheese in it as I ordered so server brought me some then I take a bite and burger is very crunchy I look at the patty and it is burnt black as coal .The meal cost us over 60 dollars and it was CRAP .People if u wanna have a good meal experience Don't go to this Montana's on Crowfoot .No management or no one came to even apologize to us .Never again will I spend my hard earned money at Montana's again u should be ashamed to put food on a plate like that and serve it to customers!!!!!

1 Thank susan y
Calgary
“Calgary Crowfoot NW location - OK as usual”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Ordered the Top Sirloin because I felt like chowin' down on a great steak...alas, not great. Been there a couple of times before but it's never been REALLY good. It was "way" over-seasoned with pepper to the point of burning the tongue and no, they didn't make a mistake and serve me the Peppercorn in error. I can only imagine what that would have been like. For a place that calls itself a steakhouse...mine have always been so over seasoned that one can hardly taste the beef. My girlfriend had the Portobello steak and we spent most of our dinning experience trying to figure out "Where's the mushroom".

Also ordered a side of fried mushrooms that were bland at best, almost tasted frozen and just heated up, there was basically no flavor at all and the hot frying pan they come in was half full of water. The only things that were good, and I should mention...always are, were the fried onions and garlic mashed potatoes. Other than that, no matter which location we visit, the story is always the same. Maybe that's why we only go about once every 8 months??? Still hoping for improvement...!!!

I must however, commend them for cooking my blue rare (hot on the outside, cold in the middle) and my girlfriend's rare steak to perfection; not over or under done...that was a bonus but alas, not enough for a great review.

• Visited February 2013