“Fabulous meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Casa d'Italia Ristorante - CLOSED

La Casa d'Italia Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Description: La Casa d’Italia Ristorante is family owned & operated by Nick & Pina Ricioppo & family. We believe in serving Italian food the way it was meant to be – simple dishes made to order with fresh, quality ingredients served in generous portions. We are proud of our Italian heritage, the food and the wine and want to share that with you. Without being pretentious. Without being ostentatious. Just being real and true to what Calgarians should expect from a great Italian restaurant.Nick & Pina Ricioppo arrived in Calgary in 1968 and have been proudly serving authentic Italian cuisine ever since. After a brief retirement, they were pulled back by their desire to share their passion and to feed Calgary’s dining public with the real Italian food they crave.La Casa d’Italia – Classic, Authentic, Italian. Proud recipients of the “Ospitalità Italiana Restaurant Quality Seal, the 2011 Calgary Choice Award for “Best in Fine Dining” and the 2012 Consumers Choice Award for "Italian Restaurant".
Vancouver, Canada
“Fabulous meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had planned a w/e in Calgary and based on the reviews here, we reserved at La Casa. Warmly greeted at the door and shown to our table. My hubby and I shared a Caesar salad and the scampi. Excellent! I had the lamb chop special and he had Vitello Marsala. Both excellent dishes, beautifully seasoned and accompanied by roasted potatoes, green beans and carrots. Wonderful atmosphere and service. I would not hesitate to go back or recommend.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank AB56

Calgary, Canada
“Best experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We started to come to this restaurant when our other favorite Italian place closed and the place is great. We try to go as often as we can.This is family owned and operated establishment and I'm not exaggerating when I say that every bite of food was made with love - it was delicious !!! The best part though, is that the food is fantastic and is consistently awesome. We have never gone there and had a less than stellar meal and therefore is always one of our first places we go when we have friends in town.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank John R
calgary
“Italian food, like mama and papa make YUMMMMY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Even though im Hungarian.... Wow, have been there twice with friends. I had the same main both times, Penne Putinesco (spelled wrong sorry). It contains anchovies, and im allergic, but no worries, everything is made to order. Pasta cooked to perfection, that dish is just the most wonderful thing to hit my belly in years. I ate the entire plate. My hubby had the pasta carbonarra, and thought it was the best he has ever had since his first try in Italy. We had the home made bruscetta as an appy, simple and marvelous!!

We had a really nice bottle of Italian wine, Could not do dessert, we were stuffed.

Both times we were lucky enough to sit by the fireplace, so lovely. The staff ... fantastic, and everyone pitches in. Its like you have 4 waiters. The chef comes out regularly to say hello..you really feel welcome, and feel like they are glad you came to eat.

I just love the place. You will not be dissapointed

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Denise M
Anna R, General Manager at La Casa d'Italia Ristorante, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind and generous words about our restaurant! It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your experience and that our style of service is appreciated by our guests. The Penne Puttanesca is a personal favorite of mine and love that you enjoy it as much as I do (even without the anchovies!). Thank you again and we really look forward to seeing you here in the future!
Calgary AB
“Perfect Pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Did you know they offer a limited Take Out service?

This arrangement worked great for our family as we had a busy evening but wanted well made Italian food. Two kinds of Spaghetti, a penne pasta, and veal dish and we were good to go! Pick up was quick and easy. More importantly, all the main dishes were still warm upon arrival home. Portions were just the right size.

We also shared two frozen desserts for a sweet ending.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Glee2544
We're so glad you were able to enjoy our food at home! When our guests order take out we do our best to ensure that it's prepared as you arrive so it's at it's freshest when you get home! We're happy to do this for you any time, just give us a call. Thanks again so very much and thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience. That means a lot to us!
Boise, Idaho
“Fabulous Italian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We chose La Casa from its Tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed! The food was fabulous and the service was excellent. My husband and I love Italian and are pretty picky about our Italian restaurants. We never thought we would find an excellent Italian restaurant in Calgary but we did! The owners and chefs came to Calagary in the 60's and serve authentic family recipes. I had their original recipe of prawns in vodka sauce and it was delicious. My husband loved his veal dish. I don't know the name of it, but it was wrapped in proscuitto. Our two servers couldn't have been nicer. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a fabulous Italian meal. We liked it so much that we may return tonight to try a pasta dish!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Boisegirl1
Anna R, General Manager at La Casa d'Italia Ristorante, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you so VERY much for your generous and kind review of our restaurant. We take great pride in what we do and really appreciate it when our guests take the time to tell us and others about their experience. My parents (the chefs) have been preparing Italian food since before they arrived here in Canada in 1968. They've retired once before but were drawn back in for their love of the food and to indulge their desire to share what they do best with the diners of Calgary and of course with our out-of-town guests. We look forward to being able to serve you again! Thanks so very much.