“Great food and a very nice atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Casa d'Italia Ristorante - CLOSED

La Casa d'Italia Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Description: La Casa d’Italia Ristorante is family owned & operated by Nick & Pina Ricioppo & family. We believe in serving Italian food the way it was meant to be – simple dishes made to order with fresh, quality ingredients served in generous portions. We are proud of our Italian heritage, the food and the wine and want to share that with you. Without being pretentious. Without being ostentatious. Just being real and true to what Calgarians should expect from a great Italian restaurant.Nick & Pina Ricioppo arrived in Calgary in 1968 and have been proudly serving authentic Italian cuisine ever since. After a brief retirement, they were pulled back by their desire to share their passion and to feed Calgary’s dining public with the real Italian food they crave.La Casa d’Italia – Classic, Authentic, Italian. Proud recipients of the “Ospitalità Italiana Restaurant Quality Seal, the 2011 Calgary Choice Award for “Best in Fine Dining” and the 2012 Consumers Choice Award for "Italian Restaurant".
Calgary, Canada
“Great food and a very nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very good service from all the staff. All the meals were excellent with great dessert. Prices seemed reasonable and i would have no problem going here for dinner again.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Stuart71
Anna R, General Manager at La Casa d'Italia Ristorante, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience at La Casa d'Italia. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your dinner with us and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Calgary, Canada
“A wonderful romantic dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently received a gift certificate for this restaurant from my girlfriends father. He bought the certificate based on the reviews from this site. From the moment we walked in we felt like we were guests not a hindrance on the staff.

We enjoyed a nice seat by the fire. The brushetta was some of the best I've ever had. The wine selection was decent, and one of my favourite wines from Germany was available by the glass!!! I had a mushroom gnocchi, and my girlfriend had a tortellini dish, along with caprese and caesar salads. All the food was very well done.

At one point my girlfriend said to me quietly "I've never been served like this before" meaning we were attended to very well by both servers. We've eaten at $100+ dollar a person restaurants and had better service here. It was a quiet night with only 3 tables full, so I can't comment on how the service is when it's busy, but if my experience was any indication it should still be good service on a busy night.

If I had to find one thing to complain about, it's that it was a little cool inside. Even by the fire I got a bit of a chill. It was -20 and windy outside but maybe they could bump up the thermostat a notch or two?

Great meal!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank AaronP929
Anna R, Manager at La Casa d'Italia Ristorante, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you so much! It was our pleasure to serve you that evening - our apologies if you found the room to be a little cold. It's a challenge to maintain an ideal temperature to suit everyone's comfort level - especially in a big room and with the crazy fluctuations we see with our Calgary weather. We do appreciate your bringing it to our attention (now I walk around asking 'is it cold?' 'is it me? is it too hot?'). Thanks again for taking the time to write such kind words about our place, it means a lot to us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Calgary, Canada
“Magnificent, magnifico. Great dinner with 6 star service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had the pleasure of dining here a couple of times previously so the expectations were high. La Casa delivered. We enjoyed a 3 course meal which was divine complete with superior service. Thanks Clint and Crew!

2 Thank Juergen L
Anna R, General Manager at La Casa d'Italia Ristorante, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
On behalf of all of us at La Casa d'Italia (Nick, Pina, Clint, Taylor and the rest!) I would like to thank you for your kind and generous words about our restaurant! We are all proud of our little place and take great pleasure in knowing that our guests have enjoyed themselves during their time with us. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Calgary
“WOW - food and service is excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Atmosphere - food - service - have gone a few times, and it is definately one of our favorite places to go. Trust the cook and his specials - you can't go wrong.

Visited October 2012
Anna R, Manager at La Casa d'Italia Ristorante, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you again for being so generous with your kind words about our restaurant! Chefs Nick & Pina love doing what they do and for you to take the time to tell others about how you enjoy it really means a lot to them and to all of us here. Thanks again so very much!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfection!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is what going out for dinner is all about. If you want home made, artisan crafted food made by people with years of experience who care about the food and their customers, then come here to eat. This is old school fne dining, it is a warm cozy dining room with the right number of tables to maintain a high quality of food. We just celebrated my mother's 75 birthday here and the food and service where beyond top notch. From our appetizers to dessert, perfect. We ate escargot and scampi appetizers that were cooked to the second of tendeness, my mom and son had veal (marsala and limone) and they both said it was extraordinaire. My husband and I had the osso bucco that was divine. Tiramisu and homemade apple pie (with a crust that equaled my late, great grandmas - I didn't think this was possible) ended a perfect meal, not to mention the dancing lattes made also by a highly skilled barrista.
Our hostess Anna was gracious and a truly lovely person. I can't say enough about this delightful and delicious resteraunt. I have eaten in many restaurants both in
Calgary and internationally and Casa di Italia was one of the ones that is high on the list that I look forward to returning to.

1 Thank ktkay
Anna R, General Manager at La Casa d'Italia Ristorante, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you SO much! You and your family were an absolute delight to serve and we are so glad you enjoyed yourselves as much as we did having you with us! The compliment you've generously given us about the apple pie was very much appreciated by Pina (my mom, the baker!). To have it compared to something made by your (great) grandmother is a real honor, thank you again!

Thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a wonderful occasion and we look very forward to seeing you again.