“WOW - food and service is excellent”
Review of La Casa d'Italia Ristorante - CLOSED

La Casa d'Italia Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Description: La Casa d’Italia Ristorante is family owned & operated by Nick & Pina Ricioppo & family. We believe in serving Italian food the way it was meant to be – simple dishes made to order with fresh, quality ingredients served in generous portions. We are proud of our Italian heritage, the food and the wine and want to share that with you. Without being pretentious. Without being ostentatious. Just being real and true to what Calgarians should expect from a great Italian restaurant.Nick & Pina Ricioppo arrived in Calgary in 1968 and have been proudly serving authentic Italian cuisine ever since. After a brief retirement, they were pulled back by their desire to share their passion and to feed Calgary’s dining public with the real Italian food they crave.La Casa d’Italia – Classic, Authentic, Italian. Proud recipients of the “Ospitalità Italiana Restaurant Quality Seal, the 2011 Calgary Choice Award for “Best in Fine Dining” and the 2012 Consumers Choice Award for "Italian Restaurant".
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Atmosphere - food - service - have gone a few times, and it is definately one of our favorite places to go. Trust the cook and his specials - you can't go wrong.

Anna R, Manager at La Casa d'Italia Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you again for being so generous with your kind words about our restaurant! Chefs Nick & Pina love doing what they do and for you to take the time to tell others about how you enjoy it really means a lot to them and to all of us here. Thanks again so very much!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is what going out for dinner is all about. If you want home made, artisan crafted food made by people with years of experience who care about the food and their customers, then come here to eat. This is old school fne dining, it is a warm cozy dining room with the right number of tables to maintain a high quality of food. We just celebrated my mother's 75 birthday here and the food and service where beyond top notch. From our appetizers to dessert, perfect. We ate escargot and scampi appetizers that were cooked to the second of tendeness, my mom and son had veal (marsala and limone) and they both said it was extraordinaire. My husband and I had the osso bucco that was divine. Tiramisu and homemade apple pie (with a crust that equaled my late, great grandmas - I didn't think this was possible) ended a perfect meal, not to mention the dancing lattes made also by a highly skilled barrista.
Our hostess Anna was gracious and a truly lovely person. I can't say enough about this delightful and delicious resteraunt. I have eaten in many restaurants both in
Calgary and internationally and Casa di Italia was one of the ones that is high on the list that I look forward to returning to.

1  Thank ktkay
Anna R, General Manager at La Casa d'Italia Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you SO much! You and your family were an absolute delight to serve and we are so glad you enjoyed yourselves as much as we did having you with us! The compliment you've generously given us about the apple pie was very much appreciated by Pina (my mom, the baker!). To have it compared to something made by your (great) grandmother is a real honor, thank you again!

Thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a wonderful occasion and we look very forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I have now visited on two occasions with other family members. Both times, the food was well prepared and extremely tasty. The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home and are quick to answer any questions and make recommendations. I have had both lamb and salmon and my husband has tried two different pasta dishes. Everything was delicious with just the right amount of herbs and spices. We also tried some gelato desserts which were wonderful and a nice finish to the meal. We will definitely be coming back and highly recommend it to others looking for a good Italian restaurant.

2  Thank Aldergreen
Anna R, General Manager at La Casa d'Italia Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts here and with your friends. We're glad you've enjoyed your time with us and that you feel at home when you're here. That's exactly what we want for our guests! Thanks again so very much and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have been here on a couple of special occasions and the food was wonderful. The wait staff was great and the chef and the owner were in the room making sure everyone was satisfied with their dishes. My wife asked to have a minor addition to one of the menu items and was accommodated without any hesistation. The Buschetta was wonderful as an appetizer and the Gigi was superb. We indulged in dessert also and they were great.

2  Thank JHBCremona_AB
Anna R, General Manager at La Casa d'Italia Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're glad to hear that you've enjoyed yourselves with us and that we've been able to take good care of you. Because we make everything fresh to order we're able to accommodate most special requests and we're happy that we were able to do that for your wife. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts about La Casa d'Italia and we look forward to being able to look after your dining needs in the future!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Came here with our friend after a long day exploring Lake Louise and Banff. Waiting staff were friendly, one cracked endless jokes and quips which some might not like but I really enjoyed and the food was good. The spaghetti aglio e olio was just on the piquant side of spicy the way I like it. My fellow guests really enjoyed their food too. Prawns in Vodka, pasta and the desserts were all top class. Very nice bottle of Sedara to round things off. Nice atmosphere. A restaurant I would certainly go back to if it werent 7000 km away ;-)

1  Thank paulgarynixon
Anna R, General Manager at La Casa d'Italia Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you so much! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your evening with us! The Gamberi Vodka is one of the dishes created by my father (Nick, the chef) way back when he first started cooking here in Calgary after arriving from Italy back in the late 60s/early 70s. It's always been a popular one and we're glad that you tried it especially since you're not from here! Thanks again for taking the time to write about us, we sincerely appreciate it!