“Amazing from start to finish” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Brezza Ristorante

La Brezza Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Brezza Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Ave & 9th St NE
Transit: Bus #9 stops next to our restaurant. C-Train, Bridgeland/Memorial
Description: La Brezza, meaning ocean breeze, is considered to be one of Calgary's finest Italian restaurants. Opened in 1987 and still in its original location - once the owners house, La Brezza continues to offer an elegantly simple Italian cuisine, emphasizing traditional home-cooked goodness. You can enjoy a satisfying lunch and dinner menu with daily specials and you can even indulge on Sundays as we are one of the few local restaurants open 7 days a week. We pride ourselves in offering great food, great service, and a warm, relaxed atmosphere. See you soon!
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Let me start by saying I am a very picky restaurant eater. Typically, even at my favourite restaurants, there are a few things I really don't like. During my visit to La Brezza, however, there was not a single thing I turned up my nose at. I was there with my somewhat large family, celebrating my younger sister going off to college. Together, we all shared the calamari and the baked escargot, and were arm wrestling for the last bits. So good. Then I had the fettuccine with the smoked salmon, and it was amazing. I think I had dreams about it last night. I ordered my fettuccine gluten-free, and it was the first time I've ever had gluten-free at a restaurant that wasn't disgusting. In fact, I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. I also had a taste of my husband's prawns, and they were fantastic. I also ordered a Caeser salad, which was also amazing, and all the drinks were great as well. For dessert we shared a couple of Creme Brulees, and I easily could have eaten a whole one myself, even after my large dinner. During dessert, the owner came over to chat with us, and he was a riot. Very kind and very funny!

The atmosphere was not trendy, and some of the decorations were fairly dated, but the table settings were classic and everything was clean. This is a place with more of a family-home feel than a fancy restaurant, with far more emphasis placed on the food than the ambiance, but I would rather be at a homey place with amazing food than a gorgeous place with mediocre food. It was fine for a family dinner. Portions sizes were good, and the prices were on the higher end of reasonable. Definitely will eat there again.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Katerina W

“Definitely love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with my girlfriend. They really know how to cook tomato. Everything was perfect. The service is so considerate. Food tastes perfect. I will go back if I visit Calgary again.

Calgary, Canada
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

By far the best Italian restaurant I have ever eaten at, actually the best restaurant period...The atmosphere was perfect. Small, Cozy, Extremely comfortable, Just perfect. The food was AMAZING. The owner Marco Abdi sat with us and every other table in the restaurant to make our experience that much better. If you are looking for an amazing dinner, amazing atmosphere then I highly recommend making your reservation today. Thank you La Brezza

J. Liberty

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jeff L
Portola Valley, California
“La Brezza - Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

La Brezza at 990 1st Ave NE is in a small older residential house that has been converted into a restaurant. La Brezza is a very casual neighborhood restaurant serving lunch and dinner. The small cozy indoor restaurant can be a little noisy. They have a limited wine menu. Average presentations, not trendy, good portions, good service and reasonable prices.

My wife and I had dinner at La Brezza at the suggestion of friends in Calgary. We had reservations for 8:30 and were seated promptly. It’s definitely a neighborhood restaurant. We observed couples, groups of 4 to 6, and families dining. Our waitress suggested some wines which were not outstanding but fine and reasonably priced. We ordered 2 glasses of wine and a shared Caesar salad. The Caesar salad was very good. My wife ordered the fettuccini carbonara and I had the linguini Mediterranean. Both entrees were very generous and delicious. Neither of us finished our dishes so we took them back to our hotel and had a wonderful lunch the next day. Our waitress checked back frequently and the owner greeted diners. Many he knew by name as regular customers. We enjoyed talking with him about our meals, his favorite dishes and starting his restaurant.

Presentations were nice but not showy, large portions, above average food, friendly service and reasonable prices. We would have enjoyed a more extensive wine list. Our overall experience was very good and we really enjoyed our entrees. With wine, salad, and entrees our dinner expense with tax and tip was $125 We’ll definitely be back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a great date night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Took my wife here and had the linguini ali al olio (I believe that's what it was called). It was apparently a very traditional, classic and simple dish, and it was, but the flavor was amazing! We love the atmosphere. Every time we've come in we've felt like family. Love this place. We'll be coming here for our anniversary.

• Visited June 2014