“#1”

La Brezza Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Brezza Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 3,514 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Ave & 9th St NE
Transit: Bus #9 stops next to our restaurant. C-Train, Bridgeland/Memorial
Description: La Brezza, meaning ocean breeze, is considered to be one of Calgary's finest Italian restaurants. Opened in 1987 and still in its original location - once the owners house, La Brezza continues to offer an elegantly simple Italian cuisine, emphasizing traditional home-cooked goodness. You can enjoy a satisfying lunch and dinner menu with daily specials and you can even indulge on Sundays as we are one of the few local restaurants open 7 days a week. We pride ourselves in offering great food, great service, and a warm, relaxed atmosphere. See you soon!
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“#1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I made a reservation for 7:00, but my prior plans ended early so we showed to see if they can accommodate us and they were happy to. I have to say the service at this restaurant is top notch in the city. They took our coats and escorted us to our tables. Shortly after, our drink orders were taken and delivered. Already a good start to the night.
All dishes were superb, but the highlight of the night was the chefs featured dish which was a pasta with a white wine sauce, smoked salmon, mushrooms, peppers and more. This dish was amazing, so fresh and so hot, and full of flavors! The restaurant is quite small, it is in a renovated house. It has a very comfortable feel but I would not call it upscale or overly fancy. It was homey and comfortable which was fine by me. I totally get why La Brezza Ristorante is the #1 rated restaurant in Calgary.

• Visited April 2014

Province of Connacht, Ireland
“Not a real Italian restaurant!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I booked this restaurant from Ireland for my holidays due to it been titled #1 Italian restaurant in Calgary! I ordered a Caesar salad for starters which consisted of lettuce and a few croutons, I then had carbonara for main course which was a massive disappointment. It was more of a peppery sauce than anything. Extremely disappointed with this number 1 'Italian' restaurant. It would serve them well to get some tips from a real Italian eatery before dishing out what their take on Italian food is.

2 Thank Jodidoc
“EAT HERE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

A perfect little gem! You will not be disappointed. Go hungry and definitely order the bruschetta and calamari!

Calgary, Canada
“Love coming back here every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Went there for a lunch, going again tonight. I can't stop coming here! Love the food, the service is great, the people are great -- it's definitely a nice place to feel at home in a way. I've been trying every meal I can get my hands on and I just can't get enough. The Tira Misu is really good and the Creme Brule is delicious! Can't wait to go again tonight! YUM!

“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Had another beautiful business lunch here on Monday. The service was wonderful and the Mare Monte was as tasty as always. The Cappucino to end of the lunch was wonderful. I should have had the Creme Brule.. I think I'll order that next time. Marco indeed has a gem in inner city Bridgeland.