“Exceptional”

La Brezza Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Brezza Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 3,645 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Ave & 9th St NE
Transit: Bus #9 stops next to our restaurant. C-Train, Bridgeland/Memorial
Description: La Brezza, meaning ocean breeze, is considered to be one of Calgary's finest Italian restaurants. Opened in 1987 and still in its original location - once the owners house, La Brezza continues to offer an elegantly simple Italian cuisine, emphasizing traditional home-cooked goodness. You can enjoy a satisfying lunch and dinner menu with daily specials and you can even indulge on Sundays as we are one of the few local restaurants open 7 days a week. We pride ourselves in offering great food, great service, and a warm, relaxed atmosphere. See you soon!
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I went to La Brezza yesterday with my boyfriend and we had an awesome dinner. We ordered calamari as an appetizer and they're tasted great. For entrees we had the linguini scoglia and the veal Piccata. Both meals were absolutely satisfying and tasted awesome. The staff is excellent and recommended a really nice italian wine what got along perfect with our meals.

Definitely coming back here!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I went to La Brezza for dinner today (Nov 2013) and I was sadly disappointed. I went with my girlfriend. We ordered the "Prosciutto & Melon" for the appetizer - that was simply three huge slices of cantaloupe with pieces of prosciutto carelessly draped around the melon chunks - I seriously could have made that myself and I'm far from being a chef...they could have presented it much better by at least cutting up the huge slices of melon into smaller presentable pieces. Okay, then I had a glass of the house chardonnay - terrible....I could barely drink it. My second glass of white was a blend (sauvignon pinot? the waitress suggested it) and it was no better. My girlfriend had the blueberry tea (grand marnier, amarettto with tea) which she was okay with thankfully. Our entrees - I had the veal scallopini ("Piccata Al Limone") and my gf had the special swordfish. My veal was okay....a bit sour....but my gf's swordfish was terrible - it was not fresh at all and we have had swordfish all over our travels in North America (Tommy Bahama in the States has amazing swordfish and I think the best we had was at Eddy V's in San Diego). The pasta that comes as a side with your entree is a joke - it's nothing special at all especially for an Italian restaurant. At least our waitress removed my gf's entree off the bill since she noticed my gf barely touched her entree. Just very very disappointed. I don't know how this restaurant has such a high rating. Even the service is mediocre - the waitress we had lacked any sort of enthusiasm. I don't have another Italian restaurant suggestion in Calgary since I am from Toronto....but Broken Plate restaurant in Calgary is amazing - I had their Lobster Ravioli yesterday (along with appetizers and their Kendall Jackson Chardonnay is very drinkable) and it just blows La Brezza out of the water. Trust me on this.

2  Thank Richard L
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I took my girlfriend there, that other night and she love it, food was delicious and the place is nice and classy i will be back for sure.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The food was excellent, the service was excellent, and the staff made us feel like family. That's what I love about a good Italian restaurant. Well done!! My wife and I highly recommend La Brezza Ristorante.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Another visit, another great experience.

This is a Calgary must. The food speaks for itself and the staff provides exceptional service.

A personal visit from the owner was a great finish to our evening.