“Good food, family atmosphere”

La Brezza Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Brezza Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 3,604 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Ave & 9th St NE
Transit: Bus #9 stops next to our restaurant. C-Train, Bridgeland/Memorial
Description: La Brezza, meaning ocean breeze, is considered to be one of Calgary's finest Italian restaurants. Opened in 1987 and still in its original location - once the owners house, La Brezza continues to offer an elegantly simple Italian cuisine, emphasizing traditional home-cooked goodness. You can enjoy a satisfying lunch and dinner menu with daily specials and you can even indulge on Sundays as we are one of the few local restaurants open 7 days a week. We pride ourselves in offering great food, great service, and a warm, relaxed atmosphere. See you soon!
Toronto, Canada
“Good food, family atmosphere”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Be sure to call ahead for a reservation as this is a busy spot. Atmosphere is friendly, not special. Like eating at someone's home.

Alberta
“My husband and I loved our dinner here!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We found this place through trip advisor. Voted number one restaurant. We felt like Italian so we thought we'd try it out. it is in an old house. It is very nice and cozy inside. Don't let the outside turn you off. We started off our meal with wine and delicious homemade bread with balsamic and olive oil for dipping. Next, we shared the mussels. They were sooooo goooood. The broth they came in was amazingly great! I could of licked the bowl. For the entree, I had the veal with a creamy mushroom sauce, pasta with a nice tomato sauce and some veggies. My husband had a smoked salmon and shrimp pasta dish in a rose sauce. Both meals were delicious. The dishes came out very hot and fresh. After our meal the owner came over to our table to ask how things were. He was a very friendly fellow and he made his rounds to the other guests. For dessert we shared creme brûlée , my favorite! We will definitely be back at this place. From the cozy atmosphere, to the delicious food, wonderful wine and excellent service you can't go wrong here.

1 Thank scampalberta
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Just ok”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our waiter was great, service was awesome. Food left a little to be desired. Swordfish was a little fishy tasting, and and mussels were very gritty. Drinks were good. Might give it another try if we're in the area.

1 Thank SC1982
Windsor, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Classic Italian food in a cozy and friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I came in for lunch after I saw the reviews, they were excellent, I was not disappointed! From the moment I arrived I felt welcome from the warm friendly service. The waiter recommended the Calamari, it was the best I ever had! Everyone had different items off the menu and they all looked amazing. Everyone really enjoyed the food and was glad we chose La Brezza. I know next time I'm in Calgary I will back here, looking forward to it!

1 Thank Jen B
“Absolutely fantastic! You gotta eat here!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

A very nice small restaurant, with amazing Italian food. All the food is fresh and tastes homemade! A must try!!