“everything superb”

La Brezza Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Brezza Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 3,529 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Ave & 9th St NE
Transit: Bus #9 stops next to our restaurant. C-Train, Bridgeland/Memorial
Description: La Brezza, meaning ocean breeze, is considered to be one of Calgary's finest Italian restaurants. Opened in 1987 and still in its original location - once the owners house, La Brezza continues to offer an elegantly simple Italian cuisine, emphasizing traditional home-cooked goodness. You can enjoy a satisfying lunch and dinner menu with daily specials and you can even indulge on Sundays as we are one of the few local restaurants open 7 days a week. We pride ourselves in offering great food, great service, and a warm, relaxed atmosphere. See you soon!
“everything superb”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

lovely small restaurant with a fresh twist on old classics. we came in early after the horse show and waited a few minutes for the home made bread. our waitress brought us a complementary bowl of bruschetta.Wow so fresh , and I tought I didn't like bruschetta.wounderful . soup was perfect. better than Italy! the best canelloni ever. the owner is funny and trully makes you feel part of the family
a must to experience in calgary

2 Thank line t
Marco A, Owner at La Brezza Ristorante, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you very much for taking your time to review my restaurant, La Brezza Ristorante.

It means a great deal to me for you to share your experience and let me know what you liked, and what we can change.

I was very pleased to hear that you had a good experience and look forward to seeing you again shortly.

Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“atmosphere, charm”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

my first trip to la brezza was a delight. delicious food, great service and most of all, unmatched ambiance and charm. marco (owner and manager) is a reason enough to visit.

1 Thank scott s
Thank you very much Scott for taking your time to review my restaurant, La Brezza Ristorante.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Finally made it to La Brezza:)”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

After many years of trying to make it to La Brezza for dinner, we finally made it last Friday.

We had the Calamari and Bruschetta for appetizers. One of the best calamari we've ever tasted.
For the entree's, my husband requested to have his dish extra spciy and to add anchovies to his Linguini Alle Vongole. Our waiter was accomodating and even made some suggestions. My husband was in heaven. Every bite was followed by a 'sigh'. I had ordered the Spaghettini Con Aglio & Olio. This dish came with lots of mushrooms, which I didn't expect, and just a hint of garlic. I had requested for salt and extra parmesian cheese. I have been looking for the perfect Aglio & Olio sauce, since the restaurant Mario's closed down many years ago, and I can't seem to find one. If I don't compare La Brezza's dish to Mario's, this would be fine.

For dessert, we shared the tiramisu. I found that the tiramisu was not fresh. There was too much 'water' on the bottom and the chocolate drizzle on the top was hard and had that 'refridgerated' taste to that. Fresh tiramisu that has not been refridgerated has an intense coffee juice and taste from the bottom. Also, if you are a chocolate lover, which I am, you would know what chocolate taste like after it has been refridgerated. I would have thought La Brezza would have fresh tiramisu. My husband had the Americano coffee and he said that was good.

What I found made this dinner a 4+* was that Marco, the owner, came and talked to us and to all the other tables. He makes you feel like an old friend, who he's not seen for a long time, but is always welcome in his 'home'. Service was also great. The waiters were attentive without being obstrusive, food came on time and water was filled without being asked.

We would definitely be back, again, and would recommend La Brezza to our friends.

3 Thank Meikyosmom1

I thank you for your feedback of the dessert and I will speak with the kitchen staff regarding this. I was very pleased to hear that, regardless of the dessert letdown you had an overall good experience and look forward to seeing you again shortly.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We enjoyed a great meal. The chef was willing to make a change and gave us Fettucine Carbonara with our entree. It was all wonderful. We ended with an aperitif of Sambuca which was a nice treat.

2 Thank Ortlieb5

Calgary, Canada
“Great food, great time!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I went to La Brezza last night for a birthday party. Group of 7, complimentary birthday desert and round of drinks. Decent service, tasty food, fun chat with the proprietor.

2 Thank edawg77

I was very pleased to hear that you had a good birthday and culinary experience and look forward to seeing you again shortly.